The Honolulu Museum of Art Spalding House
2411 Makiki Heights Drive
Honolulu, Hawai‘i 96822
From Waikiki, drive mauka (toward the mountains) along Punahou Street. Turn left on Nehoa Street then turn right on Makiki Street. When the road forks, take the left onto Makiki Heights Drive and follow the road up the hill (about a mile). You will see our sign on the right, just before a hairpin turn. After the turn, the museum entrance is on your right.
From Waikiki, take the #13 bus on Kuhio Avenue towards downtown. Get off at the Alapai Transit Center near downtown to transfer to the #15 bus to Makiki Heights Drive. Disembark at the bus stop fronting Spalding House.
Click here for more details.
Parking is FREE in the The Honolulu Museum of Art Spalding House parking lot.
Please do not park in the surrounding neighborhood.
Please lock your vehicle and do not leave valuables in sight.
At Spalding House
• Five main galleries, the Cades Pavillion, Surface Gallery, and the pop-up gallery at Spalding House Café.
• Sculpture-filled gardens overlooking Diamond Head and Honolulu. The collection includes works by such artists as Satoru Abe, Toshiko Takaezu, Deborah Butterfield and George Rickey.
• David Hockney's L'Enfant et les sortilèges. Part of the Museum's permanent collection, housed in the Cades Pavilion.
• Sit indoors in a gallery-like atmosphere amid changing displays of art, or outdoors in a garden setting for coffee and lunch at the Spalding House Café.
• Spalding House Family Room is a public space open to the public during museum hours. It features self-guided art activities, films, and monthly storytelling sessions.
• Spalding House's new bright, airy shop is stocked with fun, stylish jewelry, home design, and accessory finds.