Puella Magi Madoka Magica Parts 1 + 2
Wednesday Feb 27 04:00 PM
Thursday Feb 28 05:00 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $18.00
General Admission: $20.00
About the Film:
SPECIAL DOUBLE FEATURE
Part One: Beginnings
Part Two: Eternal
Directed by Yukihiro Miyamoto, Akiyuki Shinbo. Japan, 2012, 240 mins (plus one intermission).
In Japanese with English subtitles. Hawai’i premiere
Coming to the Doris Duke Theatre for two days only, as part of a limited U.S. theatrical release, Puella Magi Madoka Magica is a condensed retelling of the hit anime series of the same name.
The not-so-typical story of Madoka Kaname and her choice to become a magical girl has taken the world by storm. One fateful day, Madoka is offered the opportunity to gain magical powers if she agrees to make a contract with a strange little being known as a Kyubey. The Kyubey will also grant Madoka one wish, but in exchange she shall risk her life by accepting the responsibility of fighting witches. Little does Madoka know the real risks of what this contract has in-store for her.
Winner: 16th Kobe Animation Award; Newtype Anime Award; Tokyo Anime Award
Recommended for ages 6 and up (accompanied by a parent or guardian.)
Special giveaway: Limited-edition Madoka Magica posters will be given to the first 20 ticket-holders to each show!
See the trailer.
- Remington and the Curse of t…
- Ballet in Cinema: Alice's Ad…
- Sta. Niña
- The Bladed Hand: The Global …
- Wild & Scenic Film Festival
- Opera in Cinema: Tosca, Roya…
- Go Grandriders
- One Track Heart: The Story o…
- Maori Boy Genius + Koro's Medal
- Family Film Sunday: Short and Sweet
- Song of the Kauri + Whakatiki
- Fresh Meat + Two Cars, One Night
- The Rain of the Children + T…
- Samurai Rebellion
- The Hidden Fortress
- Sword of Doom
- Seven Samurai
- Ballet in Cinema: An Evening…
- Miss Vamp Hawaii: The Realit…