My Best Enemy | Mein Bester Feind
Thursday Mar 07 01:00 PM
Sunday Mar 10 07:30 PM
Wednesday Mar 13 01:00 PM
Thursday Mar 14 07:30 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $8.00
General Admission: $10.00
About the Film:
Directed by Wolfgang Murnberger, Germany, Austria, 2011, 109 mins. German, with English Subtitles. Hawai‘i premiere
The producers of the Academy Award-winning The Counterfeiters are back with this audacious caper comedy. Victor Kaufmann, the son of wealthy Jewish art gallery owners in Vienna, is best buddies with their housekeeper’s son Rudi Smekal. When the Nazis annex Austria, Rudi enlists and betrays Victor by revealing a Michelangelo sketch the Kaufmanns have hidden in their home. Then in a twist of fate, Rudi and Victor, a prisoner of the Germans, are led to swap identities as they vie to recover the priceless drawing, promised as a gift from the Führer to Mussolini. Official Selection: Berlin International Film Festival. Winner: Audience Award for Best Film, Jewish Film Festival of Dallas.
View the trailer.
Photo by Petro Domenigg. © Aichholzer Filmproduktion GmbH/Petro Domenigg. A Sundance Selects release.
- Hawaiian: The Legend of Eddie Aikau
- Land of Patagones | Tierra D…
- The Salt Trail + Black Sapph…
- The Old, the Young & the Sea…
- Mt Zion
- Road to the Globe + Kotiro M…
- White Lies + Maumahara
- Mana Wairoa Māori Shorts
- Dragon Ball Z: Battle of the Gods
- Opera on Screen | Falstaff f…
- Life Itself
- Finding Fela!
- Family Film Sunday: Take Wing
- 2014 Sundance Film Festival …
- Metro Manila
- Ballet on Screen | Mahler’s …
- A Cube of Sugar | Ye Habe Ghand
- Snow on the Pines | Barf Roo…
- The Orange Suit | Narenji Poush
- The Last Step | Peleh Akher