Saturday Mar 16 01:00 PM
Saturday Mar 16 04:00 PM
Saturday Mar 16 07:30 PM
Wednesday Mar 20 01:00 PM
Wednesday Mar 20 07:30 PM
Friday Mar 22 01:00 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $8.00
General Admission: $10.00
About the Film:
Director: Liz Garbus, USA, 2012, 105 mins.
Academy Award–nominated director Liz Garbus draws upon the never-before-seen personal correspondence, diary entries, and letters of Marilyn Monroe to reveal the multiple aspects of a woman whose public persona continues to shimmer in our collective imagination, but whose private reality remains a mystery. In an absorbing, astonishing portrait, acclaimed contemporary actresses, including Marisa Tomei, Uma Thurman, and Glenn Close, give us a new and intimate understanding of Monroe, revealing her carefully guarded inner life. Official selection: Toronto International Film Festival, Telluride Film Festival, London Film Festival
View the trailer.
For fun: We're rolling out the red carpet for the Saturday, March 16 evening screening! The theater encourages you to come dressed in your best Hollywood glam. We'll have a red carpet, spotlight and photographer to capture you in your finest, before seeing the film on the ultimate big-screen goddess.
- Hawaiian: The Legend of Eddie Aikau
- Land of Patagones | Tierra D…
- Mt Zion
- Road to the Globe + Kotiro M…
- White Lies + Maumahara
- Mana Wairoa Māori Shorts
- Dragon Ball Z: Battle of the Gods
- Opera on Screen | Falstaff f…
- Life Itself
- Finding Fela!
- Family Film Sunday: Take Wing
- 2014 Sundance Film Festival …
- Metro Manila
- Ballet on Screen | Mahler’s …
- A Cube of Sugar | Ye Habe Ghand
- Snow on the Pines | Barf Roo…
- The Orange Suit | Narenji Poush
- The Last Step | Peleh Akher
- Family Film Sunday: Keiki Se…