The Seven Year Itch
Sunday Mar 17 04:00 PM
Sunday Mar 17 07:30 PM
Tuesday Mar 19 01:00 PM
Tuesday Mar 19 07:30 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $8.00
General Admission: $10.00
About the Film:
Director: Billy Wilder, USA, 1955, 105 mins.
Repeatedly cited as one of the greatest American comedies in film history, Billy Wilder’s adaptation of George Axelrod’s hit play sees the marriage vows of family man Richard Sherman put to the ultimate test by the sexy charm and unwitting flirtations of a beautiful neighbor, The Girl (Marilyn Monroe). When his intentions to sweep her off her feet and into the boudoir don’t quite work out, thanks to his clumsiness and her naiveté, comedic mayhem ensues. Includes Monroe’s famous scene of her standing over a subway grate, her white skirt billowing like a mainsail.
View the trailer.
- Hawaiian: The Legend of Eddie Aikau
- Land of Patagones | Tierra D…
- Mt Zion
- Road to the Globe + Kotiro M…
- White Lies + Maumahara
- Mana Wairoa Māori Shorts
- Dragon Ball Z: Battle of the Gods
- Opera on Screen | Falstaff f…
- Life Itself
- Finding Fela!
- Family Film Sunday: Take Wing
- 2014 Sundance Film Festival …
- Metro Manila
- Ballet on Screen | Mahler’s …
- A Cube of Sugar | Ye Habe Ghand
- Snow on the Pines | Barf Roo…
- The Orange Suit | Narenji Poush
- The Last Step | Peleh Akher