The Seven Year Itch
Sunday Mar 17 04:00 PM
Sunday Mar 17 07:30 PM
Tuesday Mar 19 01:00 PM
Tuesday Mar 19 07:30 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $8.00
General Admission: $10.00
About the Film:
Director: Billy Wilder, USA, 1955, 105 mins.
Repeatedly cited as one of the greatest American comedies in film history, Billy Wilder’s adaptation of George Axelrod’s hit play sees the marriage vows of family man Richard Sherman put to the ultimate test by the sexy charm and unwitting flirtations of a beautiful neighbor, The Girl (Marilyn Monroe). When his intentions to sweep her off her feet and into the boudoir don’t quite work out, thanks to his clumsiness and her naiveté, comedic mayhem ensues. Includes Monroe’s famous scene of her standing over a subway grate, her white skirt billowing like a mainsail.
View the trailer.
- Gett: The Trial of Viviane Amsalem
- A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night
- Ballet on Screen: Don Quixot…
- Stage on Screen: Great Expec…
- Opera on Screen: Arabella • …
- Namets! • Yummy!
- Family Film Sunday: Azur & Asmar
- Third is My First • 1st Ko si 3rd
- K'na The Dreamweaver
- That Thing Called Tadhana