The Seven Year Itch
Sunday Mar 17 04:00 PM
Sunday Mar 17 07:30 PM
Tuesday Mar 19 01:00 PM
Tuesday Mar 19 07:30 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $8.00
General Admission: $10.00
About the Film:
Director: Billy Wilder, USA, 1955, 105 mins.
Repeatedly cited as one of the greatest American comedies in film history, Billy Wilder’s adaptation of George Axelrod’s hit play sees the marriage vows of family man Richard Sherman put to the ultimate test by the sexy charm and unwitting flirtations of a beautiful neighbor, The Girl (Marilyn Monroe). When his intentions to sweep her off her feet and into the boudoir don’t quite work out, thanks to his clumsiness and her naiveté, comedic mayhem ensues. Includes Monroe’s famous scene of her standing over a subway grate, her white skirt billowing like a mainsail.
View the trailer.
- Namets! • Yummy!
- Third is My First • 1st Ko si 3rd
- K'na The Dreamweaver
- That Thing Called Tadhana
- PIC Exchange: Road to the Globe
- PIC Exchange: Nā Loea: The M…
- Tokyo Fiancée • Ni d'Eve, ni d'Adam
- Ballet on Screen: Moulin Rou…
- In the Courtyard • Dans la cour
- Girlhood • Bande de filles
- Love at First Fight • Les Co…
- Number One Fan • Elle L'adore
- 3 Hearts • 3 coeurs
- The Young Girls of Rochefort…
- The Chef's Wife • On a faill…
- The Connection • La French
- Family Film Sunday: Song Of …
- Wild & Scenic Film Festival 2015
- Opera on Screen • Le Comte O…
- Stage on Screen • Showboat •…
- Ballet on Screen • Sleeping …