Wednesday Mar 27 01:00 PM
Wednesday Mar 27 07:30 PM
Thursday Mar 28 01:00 PM
Thursday Mar 28 07:30 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $8.00
General Admission: $10.00
About the Film:
Director: Stanley Donen, USA, 1957, 103 mins
In one of the most visually striking movie musicals ever made, Fred Astaire plays fashion photographer Dick Avery—based on Richard Avedon, the film's “visual consultant”— who is sent out by his female boss Maggie Prescott (loosely based on Vogue legend Diana Vreeland) to find a “new face.” It doesn't take him long to discover Jo (Audrey Hepburn), a gamine Greenwich Village bookstore clerk. Acting as Pygmalion to Jo’s Galatea, Dick whisks the wide-eyed girl off to Paris and transforms her into the fashion world’s hottest model.
View the trailer.
- Gett: The Trial of Viviane Amsalem
- A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night
- Ballet on Screen: Don Quixot…
- Stage on Screen: Great Expec…
- Opera on Screen: Arabella • …
- Namets! • Yummy!
- Family Film Sunday: Azur & Asmar
- Third is My First • 1st Ko si 3rd
- K'na The Dreamweaver
- That Thing Called Tadhana