A Place at the Table
Friday Apr 12 01:00 PM
Friday Apr 12 07:30 PM
Saturday Apr 13 01:00 PM
Saturday Apr 13 04:00 PM
Saturday Apr 13 07:30 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $8.00
General Admission: $10.00
About the Film:
Directed by Kristi Jacobson and Lori Silverbush. USA, 2012, 84 mins.
This eye-opening examination of food insecurity in the wealthiest nation on earth, explores the issue through the stories of three Americans who face the problem daily. Featuring interviews with actor Jeff Bridges, author Raj Patel, superstar New York chef Tom Colicchio and original music by indie-folk duo The Civil Wars, A Place at the Table reveals how hunger has serious economic, social and cultural implications, and how it could be solved by making healthy food available and affordable to all.
Official Selection: Sundance Film Festival, SXSW Film Festival.
View the trailer.
- Afternoon of a Faun: Tanaqui…
- Lenny Cooke
- Opera on Screen: La Bohème f…
- Short Peace
- Le Chef
- Ballet on Screen: La Sylphid…
- Mood Indigo | L'écume des jo…
- Bicycling with Molière | Alc…
- On My Way | Elle s’en va
- The French Minister | Quai d’Orsay
- Chinese Puzzle | Casse-tête chinois
- Queen Margot | La reine Margo
- Picasso’s Gang | La Banda Picasso
- Opera on Screen: Jules Masse…
- Family Film Sunday: See The …
- Uranium Drive In
- Unacceptable Levels