A Place at the Table
Friday Apr 12 01:00 PM
Friday Apr 12 07:30 PM
Saturday Apr 13 01:00 PM
Saturday Apr 13 04:00 PM
Saturday Apr 13 07:30 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $8.00
General Admission: $10.00
About the Film:
Directed by Kristi Jacobson and Lori Silverbush. USA, 2012, 84 mins.
This eye-opening examination of food insecurity in the wealthiest nation on earth, explores the issue through the stories of three Americans who face the problem daily. Featuring interviews with actor Jeff Bridges, author Raj Patel, superstar New York chef Tom Colicchio and original music by indie-folk duo The Civil Wars, A Place at the Table reveals how hunger has serious economic, social and cultural implications, and how it could be solved by making healthy food available and affordable to all.
Official Selection: Sundance Film Festival, SXSW Film Festival.
View the trailer.
- Jellyfish Eyes
- Love Live! The School Idol Movie
- Attack on Titan: Part One
- Bon Lin
- When Marnie Was There
- The Kingdom of Dreams and Madness
- The Misfits: 30 Years of Fluxus
- Battles Without Honor and Humanity
- Ballet on Screen: L'Histoire…
- June Bride: Redemption of a Yakuza
- JACO: A Documentary Film
- Godzilla: The Japanese Original
- Family Film Sunday: Fantasti…
- Attack on Titan: Part Two: E…
- HI Sk8 Films 2015 shorts showcase
- Opera on Screen: The Three T…
- I Am Thalente