A Place at the Table
Friday Apr 12 01:00 PM
Friday Apr 12 07:30 PM
Saturday Apr 13 01:00 PM
Saturday Apr 13 04:00 PM
Saturday Apr 13 07:30 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $8.00
General Admission: $10.00
About the Film:
Directed by Kristi Jacobson and Lori Silverbush. USA, 2012, 84 mins.
This eye-opening examination of food insecurity in the wealthiest nation on earth, explores the issue through the stories of three Americans who face the problem daily. Featuring interviews with actor Jeff Bridges, author Raj Patel, superstar New York chef Tom Colicchio and original music by indie-folk duo The Civil Wars, A Place at the Table reveals how hunger has serious economic, social and cultural implications, and how it could be solved by making healthy food available and affordable to all.
Official Selection: Sundance Film Festival, SXSW Film Festival.
View the trailer.
- Tokyo Fiancée • Ni d'Eve, ni d'Adam
- Ballet on Screen: Moulin Rou…
- In the Courtyard • Dans la cour
- Girlhood • Bande de filles
- Love at First Fight • Les Co…
- Number One Fan • Elle L'adore
- 3 Hearts • 3 coeurs
- The Young Girls of Rochefort…
- The Chef's Wife • On a faill…
- The Connection • La French
- Family Film Sunday: Song Of …
- Wild & Scenic Film Festival 2015
- Opera on Screen • Le Comte O…
- Stage on Screen • Showboat •…
- Ballet on Screen • Sleeping …
- Opera on Screen • Benvenuto …