The Waiting Room
Wednesday Apr 17 01:00 PM
Wednesday Apr 17 07:30 PM
Thursday Apr 18 01:00 PM
Thursday Apr 18 07:30 PM
Friday Apr 19 01:00 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $8.00
General Admission: $10.00
About the Film:
Directed by Peter Nicks, USA, 2012, 82 mins.
Director Peter Nicks gained extraordinary access behind the scenes of Highland Hospital in Oakland, Calif. The Waiting Room chronicles this American public hospital struggling to care for a community of largely uninsured patients. Using a blend of cinema verité and characters’ voiceover the documentary offers a raw, intimate, and even uplifting look at how patients, staff and caregivers each cope with disease, bureaucracy and hard choices. The film weaves the stories of several patients—as well as the hospital staff charged with caring for them—as they cope with the complexity of the nation’s public health care system, while weathering the storm of a national recession.
Winner: Audience Award, Golden Gate Award: San Francisco International Film Festival.
View the trailer.
- Ghost In the Shell: The New Movie
- Ua Mau Ke Ea: Sovereignty Endures
- My Love, Don't Cross That River
- Opera on Screen: Pavarotti &…
- The Look of Silence
- Finding Joe
- Heart of A Dog
- Supermensch: The Legend of S…
- Free Keiki Ohana Screening
- East Side Sushi
- Something Better To Come
- The Second Mother • Que Hora…
- Breathe • Respire
- Johnny To's Office
- Opera on Screen: The Three T…
- The Quay Brothers in 35mm
- The Assassin
- Family Film Sunday: Shaun th…
- Opera on Screen: Aida on Syd…