The Waiting Room
Wednesday Apr 17 01:00 PM
Wednesday Apr 17 07:30 PM
Thursday Apr 18 01:00 PM
Thursday Apr 18 07:30 PM
Friday Apr 19 01:00 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $8.00
General Admission: $10.00
About the Film:
Directed by Peter Nicks, USA, 2012, 82 mins.
Director Peter Nicks gained extraordinary access behind the scenes of Highland Hospital in Oakland, Calif. The Waiting Room chronicles this American public hospital struggling to care for a community of largely uninsured patients. Using a blend of cinema verité and characters’ voiceover the documentary offers a raw, intimate, and even uplifting look at how patients, staff and caregivers each cope with disease, bureaucracy and hard choices. The film weaves the stories of several patients—as well as the hospital staff charged with caring for them—as they cope with the complexity of the nation’s public health care system, while weathering the storm of a national recession.
Winner: Audience Award, Golden Gate Award: San Francisco International Film Festival.
View the trailer.
- Love at First Fight • Les Co…
- 3 Hearts • 3 coeurs
- Wild & Scenic Film Festival 2015
- Opera on Screen • Le Comte O…
- Stage on Screen • Showboat •…
- Honolulu Rainbow Film Festival 2015
- Racing Extinction
- Speechless: A Polar Realm • …
- Shark Girl • México Pelágico
- Into the Gyre • The Plastic Age
- Our Deepest Waters • My Sal…
- Ballet on Screen • Sleeping …
- Opera on Screen • Benvenuto …