More Than Honey
Wednesday May 01 01:00 PM
Wednesday May 01 07:30 PM
Thursday May 02 01:00 PM
Thursday May 02 07:30 PM
Friday May 03 01:00 PM
Friday May 03 07:30 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $8.00
General Admission: $10.00
About the Film:
Directed by Markus Imhoof, Germany/Austria/Switzerland, 2012, 91 mins. German and English with English subtitles. Hawai‘i premiere.
Academy Award–nominated director Markus Imhoof leads a visually stunning examination of endangered honeybees—spanning California, Switzerland, China and Australia. Employing the latest in filmmaking technology to observe phenomena undetectable by normal eyesight, the film combines wonder and awe with alarm and urgency over the fate of the world’s bees. From his personal perspective as the grandson of a professional beekeeper in Switzerland, Imhoof explores how the bee crisis is being experienced in different parts of the world, where we meet the beekeepers, scientists and agricultural and apicultural entrepreneurs at the forefront of the fight to save the world’s bee populations.
View the trailer.
- Hawaiian: The Legend of Eddie Aikau
- Land of Patagones | Tierra D…
- The Salt Trail + Black Sapph…
- Innersection: Black + Se7en Signs
- The Old, the Young & the Sea…
- Ballet on Screen | Bodas De …
- Honolulu Surf Film Festival …
- Mt Zion
- Road to the Globe + Kotiro M…
- White Lies + Maumahara
- Mana Wairoa Māori Shorts
- Dragon Ball Z: Battle of the Gods
- Opera on Screen | Falstaff f…
- Life Itself
- Finding Fela!
- Family Film Sunday: Take Wing
- 2014 Sundance Film Festival …
- Metro Manila
- Ballet on Screen | Mahler’s …