Saturday May 04 06:00 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $35.00
General Admission: $40.00
About the Film:
Gilles Bourdos, 2012, France, 111 mins. French with English subtitles Hawai‘i premiere
Set on the French Riviera during the summer of 1915, Gilles Bourdos’ lushly atmospheric drama explores a pivotal time in the lives of master painter Pierre-Auguste Renoir and his war-wounded son, Jean. The Renoirs’ beautiful home and majestic countryside grounds reverberate with familial intrigue when father and son fall under the spell of a radiantly beautiful muse called Andrée. As one generation of creativity gives way to the next, this enchantingly headstrong young woman becomes the dying painter’s last inspiration, and the unexpected figure that may turn Jean’s life around.
View the trailer.
Opening-night reception: 6-7:30pm. Enjoy a French-inspired elegant buffet dinner from EAT Honolulu, wine and entertainment before the screening at 7:30pm. Tickets: $40, $35 museum members.
Salad Niçoise with olives, capers, haricots vert, local egg
Roasted local vegetable ratatouille with zucchini, eggplant, red bell pepper, tomato
Pork blanquette with chickpeas and spring vegetables (baby carrots, paddy pans, sweet peas)
Fresh Hawaiian fish “bouillabaisse” with fingerling potatoes, aioli, handmade croutons
Chocolate croissant custard
A limited number of tickets for only the screening will be available at the box office from 7:15pm onwards: $15, $12 museum members.
- Hawaiian: The Legend of Eddie Aikau
- Land of Patagones | Tierra D…
- The Salt Trail + Black Sapph…
- Innersection: Black + Se7en Signs
- The Old, the Young & the Sea…
- Ballet on Screen | Bodas De …
- Honolulu Surf Film Festival …
- Mt Zion
- Road to the Globe + Kotiro M…
- White Lies + Maumahara
- Mana Wairoa Māori Shorts
- Dragon Ball Z: Battle of the Gods
- Opera on Screen | Falstaff f…
- Life Itself
- Finding Fela!
- Family Film Sunday: Take Wing
- 2014 Sundance Film Festival …
- Metro Manila
- Ballet on Screen | Mahler’s …