A Lady in Paris | Une Estonienne à Paris
Thursday May 09 01:00 PM
Sunday May 12 07:30 PM
Wednesday May 15 01:00 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $8.00
General Admission: $10.00
About the Film:
Directed by Ilmar Raag, Belgium, Estonia, 2012, 94 mins. Estonian, French with English subtitles. Hawaii premiere
Fifty years after Legendary French New Wave muse Jeanne Moreau stole hearts in Truffaut’s Jules and Jim, she steals the show in this elegant comedy from Estonian director Ilmar Raag (The Class). As Frida, a haughty, sharp-tongued elderly Estonian émigré living in Paris, Moreau provides the perfect counterpoint to Anne, a fellow Estonian, who arrives from the old country to be her caregiver. While Frida resists vehemently, Anne slowly manages to break through her tough exterior. An intimate and comedic portrait of two very different women, A Lady in Paris is an insight into the dilemmas families face with aging, and feisty matriarchs.
View the trailer.
- Gett: The Trial of Viviane Amsalem
- A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night
- Ballet on Screen: Don Quixot…
- Stage on Screen: Great Expec…
- Opera on Screen: Arabella • …
- Namets! • Yummy!
- Family Film Sunday: Azur & Asmar
- Third is My First • 1st Ko si 3rd
- K'na The Dreamweaver
- That Thing Called Tadhana