Jules and Jim
Saturday May 11 01:00 PM
Sunday May 12 04:00 PM
Wednesday May 15 07:30 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $8.00
General Admission: $10.00
About the Film:
Directed by François Truffaut. France, 1962, 107 mins. French with English subtitles
After seeing A Lady in Paris, see the film that made Jeanne Moreau a star. Director François Truffaut’s early masterpiece charts the relationship between two friends and the object of their mutual obsession over the course of 25 years. A dewy Moreau stars as Catherine, the alluring, willful young woman whose enigmatic smile and passionate nature lure Jules (Oskar Werner) and Jim (Henri Serre) into one of cinema’s most captivating romantic triangles. This exuberant, poignant meditation on freedom, loyalty, and the fortitude of love was a worldwide smash upon its release in 1962 and remains as audacious and entrancing today.
View the trailer.
- Gett: The Trial of Viviane Amsalem
- A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night
- Ballet on Screen: Don Quixot…
- Stage on Screen: Great Expec…
- Opera on Screen: Arabella • …
- Namets! • Yummy!
- Family Film Sunday: Azur & Asmar
- Third is My First • 1st Ko si 3rd
- K'na The Dreamweaver
- That Thing Called Tadhana