Ang Nawawala | What Isn't There
Wednesday May 22 01:00 PM
Wednesday May 22 07:30 PM
Thursday May 23 01:00 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $8.00
General Admission: $10.00
About the Film:
Directed by Marie Jamora, Philippines/USA, 2012, 98 mins
Gibson Bonifacio stopped speaking when he was a child. Now 20 years old, he is back in Manila for Christmas. For his family, the festive holiday season is tinged with sadness, as it marks the anniversary of Gibson’s twin brother’s death. Against the backdrop of the vibrant Manila music scene, Gibson’s childhood best friend tries to reconnect with him, while he unexpectedly finds a chance at his first real romance. Gibson reconsiders and redefines his relationship with his family, with himself, even with his dead brother: the only person he talks to.
Winner: Audience Choice, Best Original Score, Cinemalaya Film Festival.
View the trailer.
- Hawaiian: The Legend of Eddie Aikau
- Land of Patagones | Tierra D…
- The Salt Trail + Black Sapph…
- Innersection: Black + Se7en Signs
- The Old, the Young & the Sea…
- Ballet on Screen | Bodas De …
- Mt Zion
- Road to the Globe + Kotiro M…
- White Lies + Maumahara
- Mana Wairoa Māori Shorts
- Dragon Ball Z: Battle of the Gods
- Opera on Screen | Falstaff f…
- Life Itself
- Finding Fela!
- Family Film Sunday: Take Wing
- 2014 Sundance Film Festival …
- Metro Manila
- Ballet on Screen | Mahler’s …