Ang Nawawala | What Isn't There
Wednesday May 22 01:00 PM
Wednesday May 22 07:30 PM
Thursday May 23 01:00 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $8.00
General Admission: $10.00
About the Film:
Directed by Marie Jamora, Philippines/USA, 2012, 98 mins
Gibson Bonifacio stopped speaking when he was a child. Now 20 years old, he is back in Manila for Christmas. For his family, the festive holiday season is tinged with sadness, as it marks the anniversary of Gibson’s twin brother’s death. Against the backdrop of the vibrant Manila music scene, Gibson’s childhood best friend tries to reconnect with him, while he unexpectedly finds a chance at his first real romance. Gibson reconsiders and redefines his relationship with his family, with himself, even with his dead brother: the only person he talks to.
Winner: Audience Choice, Best Original Score, Cinemalaya Film Festival.
View the trailer.
- Pussy Riot: A Punk Prayer
- A River Changes Course
- Blood Brother
- Measuring the World | Die Ve…
- More Than Honey
- Lullaby Ride | Nachtlärm
- Ludwig II
- Family Film Sunday: From Up …
- Ballet in Cinema: Bolshoi Ba…
- Puella Magi Madoka Magica Mo…
- Puella Magi Madoka Magica Th…
- Bhaag Milkha Bhaag | Run Milkha Run
- Shuddh Desi Romance
- The Rajini Effect + Daadi
- Listen… Amaya
- Kai Po Che!
- Go Goa Gone
- Krrish 3
- Family Film Sunday: See The …