Ang Nawawala | What Isn't There
Wednesday May 22 01:00 PM
Wednesday May 22 07:30 PM
Thursday May 23 01:00 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $8.00
General Admission: $10.00
About the Film:
Directed by Marie Jamora, Philippines/USA, 2012, 98 mins
Gibson Bonifacio stopped speaking when he was a child. Now 20 years old, he is back in Manila for Christmas. For his family, the festive holiday season is tinged with sadness, as it marks the anniversary of Gibson’s twin brother’s death. Against the backdrop of the vibrant Manila music scene, Gibson’s childhood best friend tries to reconnect with him, while he unexpectedly finds a chance at his first real romance. Gibson reconsiders and redefines his relationship with his family, with himself, even with his dead brother: the only person he talks to.
Winner: Audience Choice, Best Original Score, Cinemalaya Film Festival.
View the trailer.
- Gett: The Trial of Viviane Amsalem
- A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night
- Ballet on Screen: Don Quixot…
- Stage on Screen: Great Expec…
- Happy Birthday, Tūtū Ruth an…
- Opera on Screen: Arabella • …
- Namets! • Yummy!
- Family Film Sunday: Azur & Asmar
- Third is My First • 1st Ko si 3rd
- K'na The Dreamweaver
- That Thing Called Tadhana