Ballet in Cinema: Alice's Adventures In Wonderland from the Royal Ballet, London
Sunday May 26 01:00 PM
Sunday May 26 06:00 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $20.00
General Admission: $25.00
About the Film:
150 mins (plus one intermission). Performed March 28, 2013.
Ballet takes a fun, visually dazzling turn in this production. Those familiar with Lewis Carroll’s literary menagerie of colorful characters will enjoy the clarity with which Christopher Wheeldon portrays them in dance. The whole company is drawn into the fun, dancing a myriad of quirky characters: a twitchy White Rabbit, a tap-dancing Mad Hatter, a sinuous caterpillar and so many more. Alice and the Knave of Hearts, deftly danced by principal dancers Sarah Lamb and Federico Bonelli, are at the center of the story, and in the role of The Queen of Hearts, Zenaida Yanowsky is wittily captured with hilarious results. Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland is a brilliantly imagined show and, with a magical score, ingeniously inventive designs and a wealth of theatrical effects—it has something for everyone to treasure.
Special thanks to Ballet and Opera in Cinema presenting sponsor Louis Vuitton.
- Namets! • Yummy!
- Third is My First • 1st Ko si 3rd
- K'na The Dreamweaver
- That Thing Called Tadhana
- PIC Exchange: Road to the Globe
- PIC Exchange: Nā Loea: The M…
- Tokyo Fiancée • Ni d'Eve, ni d'Adam
- Ballet on Screen: Moulin Rou…
- In the Courtyard • Dans la cour
- Girlhood • Bande de filles
- Love at First Fight • Les Co…
- Number One Fan • Elle L'adore
- 3 Hearts • 3 coeurs
- The Young Girls of Rochefort…
- The Chef's Wife • On a faill…
- The Connection • La French
- Family Film Sunday: Song Of …
- Wild & Scenic Film Festival 2015
- Opera on Screen • Le Comte O…
- Stage on Screen • Showboat •…
- Ballet on Screen • Sleeping …