Ballet in Cinema: Alice's Adventures In Wonderland from the Royal Ballet, London
Sunday May 26 01:00 PM
Sunday May 26 06:00 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $20.00
General Admission: $25.00
About the Film:
150 mins (plus one intermission). Performed March 28, 2013.
Ballet takes a fun, visually dazzling turn in this production. Those familiar with Lewis Carroll’s literary menagerie of colorful characters will enjoy the clarity with which Christopher Wheeldon portrays them in dance. The whole company is drawn into the fun, dancing a myriad of quirky characters: a twitchy White Rabbit, a tap-dancing Mad Hatter, a sinuous caterpillar and so many more. Alice and the Knave of Hearts, deftly danced by principal dancers Sarah Lamb and Federico Bonelli, are at the center of the story, and in the role of The Queen of Hearts, Zenaida Yanowsky is wittily captured with hilarious results. Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland is a brilliantly imagined show and, with a magical score, ingeniously inventive designs and a wealth of theatrical effects—it has something for everyone to treasure.
Special thanks to Ballet and Opera in Cinema presenting sponsor Louis Vuitton.
- Hawaiian: The Legend of Eddie Aikau
- Land of Patagones | Tierra D…
- The Salt Trail + Black Sapph…
- Innersection: Black + Se7en Signs
- The Old, the Young & the Sea…
- Ballet on Screen | Bodas De …
- Mt Zion
- Road to the Globe + Kotiro M…
- White Lies + Maumahara
- Mana Wairoa Māori Shorts
- Dragon Ball Z: Battle of the Gods
- Opera on Screen | Falstaff f…
- Life Itself
- Finding Fela!
- Family Film Sunday: Take Wing
- 2014 Sundance Film Festival …
- Metro Manila
- Ballet on Screen | Mahler’s …