Ballet in Cinema: Alice's Adventures In Wonderland from the Royal Ballet, London
Sunday May 26 01:00 PM
Sunday May 26 06:00 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $20.00
General Admission: $25.00
About the Film:
150 mins (plus one intermission). Performed March 28, 2013.
Ballet takes a fun, visually dazzling turn in this production. Those familiar with Lewis Carroll’s literary menagerie of colorful characters will enjoy the clarity with which Christopher Wheeldon portrays them in dance. The whole company is drawn into the fun, dancing a myriad of quirky characters: a twitchy White Rabbit, a tap-dancing Mad Hatter, a sinuous caterpillar and so many more. Alice and the Knave of Hearts, deftly danced by principal dancers Sarah Lamb and Federico Bonelli, are at the center of the story, and in the role of The Queen of Hearts, Zenaida Yanowsky is wittily captured with hilarious results. Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland is a brilliantly imagined show and, with a magical score, ingeniously inventive designs and a wealth of theatrical effects—it has something for everyone to treasure.
Special thanks to Ballet and Opera in Cinema presenting sponsor Louis Vuitton.
- Love at First Fight • Les Co…
- 3 Hearts • 3 coeurs
- Wild & Scenic Film Festival 2015
- Opera on Screen • Le Comte O…
- Stage on Screen • Showboat •…
- Honolulu Rainbow Film Festival 2015
- Racing Extinction
- Speechless: A Polar Realm • …
- Shark Girl • México Pelágico
- Into the Gyre • The Plastic Age
- Our Deepest Waters • My Sal…
- Ballet on Screen • Sleeping …
- Opera on Screen • Benvenuto …