Fresh Meat + Two Cars, One Night
Tuesday Jun 18 07:30 PM
Thursday Jun 20 07:30 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $8.00
General Admission: $10.00
About the Film:
Directed by Danny Mulheron. Aotearoa, 2012, 91 mins.
Cannibals and criminals collide in this outrageously tasty horror comedy. When the Tan gang’s prison breakout goes violently wrong, they need a hideout in a hurry. Picking the McMansion of a middle-class Maori family probably seemed like a safe bet. But how were the Tans to know that this particular family has reintroduced some very old-fashioned cuisine to their dining table? Will the Tans escape the trap, or is there gangster in the casserole tonight? Starring Once Were Warriors’ Temuera Morrison.
Official Selection: Hawaii International Film Festival; Tribeca Film Festival
View the trailer.
Two Cars, One Night (short)
Directed by Taika Waititi, Aotearoa, 2004, 12 mins.
In this powerful, beautifully shot black-and-white short by acclaimed director Taika Waititi (Boy), two boys and a girl meet in the parking lot of a rural pub while waiting for their parents. What at first seems to be a relationship based on rivalry soon develops into a close friendship. We learn that love can be found in the most unlikely of places.
View the trailer.
- The Internet Cat Video Festi…
- The Paw Project
- Opera on Screen | Lucrezia B…
- Björk: Biophilia Live
- Ballet on Screen | Julia Och…
- Bird People
- Nā Loea: Ancestral Ink + Nā …
- The Hawaiian Room
- ‘Ōiwi Shorts Showcase
- Waikiki Wedding
- The Haumana + Lāhainā Noon: …
- The Light in the Lady’s Eyes…
- Family Film Sunday: Na Mo‘ol…
- The Whole Shebang (Alles Inklusive)
- Munich in India (München in Indien)
- The Circle (Der Kreis)
- Windstorm (Ostwind - Zusamme…
- The Dark Valley (Das finstere Tal)
- Diplomacy (Diplomatie)
- For the Love of Tango
- Opera on Screen | La Ceneren…