Fresh Meat + Two Cars, One Night
Tuesday Jun 18 07:30 PM
Thursday Jun 20 07:30 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $8.00
General Admission: $10.00
About the Film:
Directed by Danny Mulheron. Aotearoa, 2012, 91 mins.
Cannibals and criminals collide in this outrageously tasty horror comedy. When the Tan gang’s prison breakout goes violently wrong, they need a hideout in a hurry. Picking the McMansion of a middle-class Maori family probably seemed like a safe bet. But how were the Tans to know that this particular family has reintroduced some very old-fashioned cuisine to their dining table? Will the Tans escape the trap, or is there gangster in the casserole tonight? Starring Once Were Warriors’ Temuera Morrison.
Official Selection: Hawaii International Film Festival; Tribeca Film Festival
View the trailer.
Two Cars, One Night (short)
Directed by Taika Waititi, Aotearoa, 2004, 12 mins.
In this powerful, beautifully shot black-and-white short by acclaimed director Taika Waititi (Boy), two boys and a girl meet in the parking lot of a rural pub while waiting for their parents. What at first seems to be a relationship based on rivalry soon develops into a close friendship. We learn that love can be found in the most unlikely of places.
View the trailer.
- Family Film Sunday: Talk to …
- Afternoon of a Faun: Tanaqui…
- Lenny Cooke
- Opera on Screen: La Bohème f…
- Short Peace
- Le Chef
- Ballet on Screen: La Sylphid…
- Mood Indigo | L'écume des jo…
- Bicycling with Molière | Alc…
- On My Way | Elle s’en va
- The French Minister | Quai d’Orsay
- Chinese Puzzle | Casse-tête chinois
- Queen Margot | La reine Margo
- Picasso’s Gang | La Banda Picasso
- Opera on Screen: Jules Masse…
- Family Film Sunday: See The …