The Heart and the Sea
Saturday Jul 06 06:00 PM
Saturday Jul 13 04:00 PM
Wednesday Jul 24 07:30 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
About the Film:
July 6, Opening-night reception, 6-7:30pm:
Enjoy a live performance by Mano Kane, plus food from Da Spot, beer and wine for purchase. KITV’s weekend weather anchor Moanike‘ala Nabarro emcees the event. $15, $12 museum members.
Directed by Nathan Oldfield. Australia, 2012, 85 mins. Hawai‘i premiere.
More than three years in the making and filmed in Hawai‘i, Australia, New Zealand, France and Spain, The Heart & The Sea explores the joys a surfing life—family, friends and a shared intimacy with the sea. Beautifully captured and sensitively crafted, The Heart and The Sea features Dave Rastovich, Lauren Lindsey Hill, Alex Knost, Tom Wegener, Sage Joske, Brett Caller, Johnny Abegg, Kassia Meador, Clovis Donizetti, Belinda Baggs, Paul Joske, Ryan Burch, Chris Del Moro, Matt Chojnacki, Jared Mell, Dane Peterson, Harrison Roach and many others.
Official Selection: San Diego Surf Film Festival; Kona Surf Film Festival; Cologne Surf Film Festival; Wavescape Surf Film Festival
View the trailer.
- Tokyo Fiancée • Ni d'Eve, ni d'Adam
- Ballet on Screen: Moulin Rou…
- In the Courtyard • Dans la cour
- Girlhood • Bande de filles
- Love at First Fight • Les Co…
- Number One Fan • Elle L'adore
- 3 Hearts • 3 coeurs
- The Young Girls of Rochefort…
- The Chef's Wife • On a faill…
- The Connection • La French
- Family Film Sunday: Song Of …
- Wild & Scenic Film Festival 2015
- Opera on Screen • Le Comte O…
- Stage on Screen • Showboat •…
- Ballet on Screen • Sleeping …
- Opera on Screen • Benvenuto …