The Heart and the Sea
Saturday Jul 06 06:00 PM
Saturday Jul 13 04:00 PM
Wednesday Jul 24 07:30 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
About the Film:
July 6, Opening-night reception, 6-7:30pm:
Enjoy a live performance by Mano Kane, plus food from Da Spot, beer and wine for purchase. KITV’s weekend weather anchor Moanike‘ala Nabarro emcees the event. $15, $12 museum members.
Directed by Nathan Oldfield. Australia, 2012, 85 mins. Hawai‘i premiere.
More than three years in the making and filmed in Hawai‘i, Australia, New Zealand, France and Spain, The Heart & The Sea explores the joys a surfing life—family, friends and a shared intimacy with the sea. Beautifully captured and sensitively crafted, The Heart and The Sea features Dave Rastovich, Lauren Lindsey Hill, Alex Knost, Tom Wegener, Sage Joske, Brett Caller, Johnny Abegg, Kassia Meador, Clovis Donizetti, Belinda Baggs, Paul Joske, Ryan Burch, Chris Del Moro, Matt Chojnacki, Jared Mell, Dane Peterson, Harrison Roach and many others.
Official Selection: San Diego Surf Film Festival; Kona Surf Film Festival; Cologne Surf Film Festival; Wavescape Surf Film Festival
View the trailer.
- Jellyfish Eyes
- Love Live! The School Idol Movie
- Attack on Titan: Part One
- Bon Lin
- When Marnie Was There
- The Kingdom of Dreams and Madness
- The Misfits: 30 Years of Fluxus
- Battles Without Honor and Humanity
- Ballet on Screen: L'Histoire…
- June Bride: Redemption of a Yakuza
- JACO: A Documentary Film
- Godzilla: The Japanese Original
- Family Film Sunday: Fantasti…
- Attack on Titan: Part Two: E…
- HI Sk8 Films 2015 shorts showcase
- Opera on Screen: The Three T…
- I Am Thalente