The Heart and the Sea
Saturday Jul 06 06:00 PM
Saturday Jul 13 04:00 PM
Wednesday Jul 24 07:30 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
About the Film:
July 6, Opening-night reception, 6-7:30pm:
Enjoy a live performance by Mano Kane, plus food from Da Spot, beer and wine for purchase. KITV’s weekend weather anchor Moanike‘ala Nabarro emcees the event. $15, $12 museum members.
Directed by Nathan Oldfield. Australia, 2012, 85 mins. Hawai‘i premiere.
More than three years in the making and filmed in Hawai‘i, Australia, New Zealand, France and Spain, The Heart & The Sea explores the joys a surfing life—family, friends and a shared intimacy with the sea. Beautifully captured and sensitively crafted, The Heart and The Sea features Dave Rastovich, Lauren Lindsey Hill, Alex Knost, Tom Wegener, Sage Joske, Brett Caller, Johnny Abegg, Kassia Meador, Clovis Donizetti, Belinda Baggs, Paul Joske, Ryan Burch, Chris Del Moro, Matt Chojnacki, Jared Mell, Dane Peterson, Harrison Roach and many others.
Official Selection: San Diego Surf Film Festival; Kona Surf Film Festival; Cologne Surf Film Festival; Wavescape Surf Film Festival
View the trailer.
- The Martian
- Happening: A Clean Energy Re…
- Chronicle of Anna Magdalena Bach
- Summer 1993
- Momentum Generation
- Surf Cinema Nugs 2018
- Locals Only
- Blue Intensity + The Church …
- Her Waves
- The Endless Winter II; Surfi…
- Perilous Sea + The Seawolf
- Blue Road + Surfing the Sout…
- She is the Ocean
- Adaptive Surfing films + panel
- Wave Inspirations curated by…
- HI Sk8 Films Shorts Showcase 2018
- Family Film Sunday: Given
- Emocean + Cuban Wave Riders
- Big Wata (The Ocean)
- Surf Profiles
- The Essence