The Heart and the Sea
Saturday Jul 06 06:00 PM
Saturday Jul 13 04:00 PM
Wednesday Jul 24 07:30 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
About the Film:
July 6, Opening-night reception, 6-7:30pm:
Enjoy a live performance by Mano Kane, plus food from Da Spot, beer and wine for purchase. KITV’s weekend weather anchor Moanike‘ala Nabarro emcees the event. $15, $12 museum members.
Directed by Nathan Oldfield. Australia, 2012, 85 mins. Hawai‘i premiere.
More than three years in the making and filmed in Hawai‘i, Australia, New Zealand, France and Spain, The Heart & The Sea explores the joys a surfing life—family, friends and a shared intimacy with the sea. Beautifully captured and sensitively crafted, The Heart and The Sea features Dave Rastovich, Lauren Lindsey Hill, Alex Knost, Tom Wegener, Sage Joske, Brett Caller, Johnny Abegg, Kassia Meador, Clovis Donizetti, Belinda Baggs, Paul Joske, Ryan Burch, Chris Del Moro, Matt Chojnacki, Jared Mell, Dane Peterson, Harrison Roach and many others.
Official Selection: San Diego Surf Film Festival; Kona Surf Film Festival; Cologne Surf Film Festival; Wavescape Surf Film Festival
View the trailer.
- Hawaiian: The Legend of Eddie Aikau
- Land of Patagones | Tierra D…
- The Salt Trail + Black Sapph…
- Innersection: Black + Se7en Signs
- The Old, the Young & the Sea…
- Mt Zion
- Road to the Globe + Kotiro M…
- White Lies + Maumahara
- Mana Wairoa Māori Shorts
- Dragon Ball Z: Battle of the Gods
- Opera on Screen | Falstaff f…
- Life Itself
- Finding Fela!
- Family Film Sunday: Take Wing
- 2014 Sundance Film Festival …
- Metro Manila
- Ballet on Screen | Mahler’s …
- A Cube of Sugar | Ye Habe Ghand
- Snow on the Pines | Barf Roo…
- The Orange Suit | Narenji Poush
- The Last Step | Peleh Akher