BoardRoom: Legends of Surfboard Shaping
Sunday Jul 07 07:30 PM
Sunday Jul 21 04:00 PM
Thursday Aug 01 01:00 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $8.00
General Admission: $10.00
About the Film:
Directed by Markus Davids. USA, 2012, 84 mins. Hawai‘i premiere.
Ride back in history to the beginning of surfboard building. BoardRoom features an all-star cast of legendary shapers, including Gordon Clark, Greg Noll, Bing Copeland, Donald Takayama, Terry Martin, Dick Brewer, Harold Iggy, Mike Hynson, Renny Yater and many more. Taking us from the early days of balsa surfboard building to the rise of the foam board and the introduction of the short board, BoardRoom is a must see for any surf history aficionado.
Winner: Emerging Filmmaker Award, X-Dance Film Festival; Audience Award, Hamburg Surf Film Festival; Official Selection: San Diego Surf Film Festival; Wavescape Surf Film Festival; Santa Barbara International Film Festival; Newport Beach International Film Festival.
View the trailer.
- Lo and Behold: Reveries of t…
- Miss Hokusai (百日紅)
- Setoutsumi (セトウツミ)
- Fall Seven Times, Get Up Eig…
- Tekkonkinkreet (鉄コン筋クリート)
- Ran (乱)
- Samurai I: Musashi Miyamoto (宮本武蔵)
- Samurai II: Duel at Ichijoji…
- Samurai III: Duel at Ganryu …
- Family Film Sunday: NYICFF B…
- Sweet Bean (あん)
- Our Little Sister (海街 Diary)
- Millennium Actress (千年女優)
- Tokyo Godfathers (東京ゴッドファーザーズ)
- Paprika (パプリカ)
- Soaring HI: Celebrating the …
- Pokémon Double Feature
- You’ve Been Trumped
- I Am JFK Jr. – A Tribute to …
- The Candidate