BoardRoom: Legends of Surfboard Shaping
Sunday Jul 07 07:30 PM
Sunday Jul 21 04:00 PM
Thursday Aug 01 01:00 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $8.00
General Admission: $10.00
About the Film:
Directed by Markus Davids. USA, 2012, 84 mins. Hawai‘i premiere.
Ride back in history to the beginning of surfboard building. BoardRoom features an all-star cast of legendary shapers, including Gordon Clark, Greg Noll, Bing Copeland, Donald Takayama, Terry Martin, Dick Brewer, Harold Iggy, Mike Hynson, Renny Yater and many more. Taking us from the early days of balsa surfboard building to the rise of the foam board and the introduction of the short board, BoardRoom is a must see for any surf history aficionado.
Winner: Emerging Filmmaker Award, X-Dance Film Festival; Audience Award, Hamburg Surf Film Festival; Official Selection: San Diego Surf Film Festival; Wavescape Surf Film Festival; Santa Barbara International Film Festival; Newport Beach International Film Festival.
View the trailer.
- MIND/GAME: The Unquiet Journ…
- Christmas Wedding Baby
- America Is Still the Place
- How Sweet the Sound: The Bli…
- Jimmy Goes to Nollywood
- BaddDDD Sonia Sanchez
- Romeo Is Bleeding
- The Art of Ama Ata Aidoo
- Black Panthers: Vanguard of …
- The Amazing Nina Simone
- Holding Fast the Dream: Hawa…
- Akounak Tedalat Taha Tazough…
- Taking Israel
- Stage on Screen • Showboat •…
- Once in a Lifetime • Les Héritiers
- Labyrinth of Lies
- Above and Beyond
- Sabena Hijacking – My Version
- Family Film Sunday: Belle an…