Groundswell + Stand
Tuesday Jul 09 07:30 PM
Sunday Jul 14 07:30 PM
Wednesday Jul 24 01:00 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $8.00
General Admission: $10.00
About the Film:
Directed by Chris Malloy. Canada/USA, 2012, 25 mins. Hawai‘i premiere.
At great environmental risk, and against the wishes of most British Columbian and aboriginal people, the Enbridge Northern Gateway project would pipe tar sands oil from Alberta to the coast of British Columbia for delivery to markets in Asia and California. Last fall, Raincoast Conservation Foundation teamed up with filmmaker and Patagonia surf ambassador Chris Malloy to highlight all that’s at stake.
Official Selection: Save the Waves Film Festival; Vancouver International Mountain Film Festival.
View the trailer.
Directed by Anthony Bonello and Nicolas Teichrob. Canada, 2012, 43 mins. Hawai‘i premiere.
The proposed Enbridge Northern Gateway pipeline tanker route is again the focus in this film showcasing the west coast of British Colombia, Haida Gwaii, the Great Bear Rainforest, Bella Bella and Vancouver Island. Adventure SUP-er Norm Hann, surfer Raph Bruhwiler and the students from Bella Bella Highschool take viewers on a journey along this beautiful coastline, highlighting the rich First Nations culture and the incredible terrestrial and oceanic environments that are at risk.
Special guest: Canadian paddleboard athlete, racer and adventurer Norm Hann, one of the activists featured in the film, will introduce the film and lead a Q+A on July 24 at 1pm.
View the trailer.
- Namets! • Yummy!
- Family Film Sunday: Azur & Asmar
- Third is My First • 1st Ko si 3rd
- K'na The Dreamweaver
- That Thing Called Tadhana
- PIC Exchange: Road to the Globe
- PIC Exchange: Nā Loea: The M…
- Tokyo Fiancée • Ni d'Eve, ni d'Adam
- Ballet on Screen: Moulin Rou…
- In the Courtyard • Dans la cour
- Girlhood • Bande de filles
- Love at First Fight • Les Co…
- Number One Fan • Elle L'adore
- 3 Hearts • 3 coeurs
- The Young Girls of Rochefort…
- Almost Friends • On a failli…
- The Connection • La French
- Family Film Sunday: Song Of …