Isolated + Water Warriors
Wednesday Jul 17 01:00 PM
Friday Jul 19 07:30 PM
Tuesday Jul 30 01:00 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $8.00
General Admission: $10.00
About the Film:
Directed by Justin LePera. USA, 2012, 85 mins.
Five world-class surfers travel to remote Papua New Guinea in search of undiscovered waves and end up finding more than they bargained for. Their adventure takes a turn for the tense as they encounter cannibals, discover human rights atrocities and expose an unethical mining corporation. Already being lauded as Endless Summer meets The Cove, this visually stunning film brings to light one of the least documented places on earth.
Official Selection: Santa Barbara International Film Festival; Byron Bay International Film Festival; San Diego Surf Film Festival; Newport Beach Film Festival; Maui Film Festival.
Special guest: Professional big wave surfer Jenny Useldinger, who is featured in Isolated, will introduce the film on July 19 at 7:30pm. Director Justin LePera is unable to attend the screening as previously advertised.
View the trailer.
Directed by Anna Jerstrom. USA, 2012, 6 mins.
In their hunt for the next wave, these girls charge the break like Amazons going to battle.
View the trailer.
- 2014 Sundance Film Festival …
- Metro Manila
- Ballet on Screen | Mahler’s …
- A Cube of Sugar | Ye Habe Ghand
- Snow on the Pines | Barf Roo…
- The Orange Suit | Narenji Poush
- The Last Step | Peleh Akher
- Angel Azul
- Opera on Screen | Hansel und…
- Stage on Screen | The Maste…
- Hi Sk8 Films: A Hawai‘i Skat…
- Sold Out | Under the Blood-Red Sun
- Standing on Sacred Ground Fi…
- Bridge to the Future
- Underwater Dreams
- Moana: The Rising of the Sea
- Opera on Screen | La Fanciul…
- To Be Takei
- God Help The Girl
- The Internet Cat Video Festi…