Waverider + Doze
Wednesday Jul 17 07:30 PM
Saturday Jul 20 01:00 PM
Thursday Jul 25 01:00 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $8.00
General Admission: $10.00
About the Film:
Directed by Karl Lear. USA, 2012, 60 mins.
In June 2012, when Fijian boatman and surfer Isei Tokovou won the wildcard entry to the Volcom Fiji Pro, he found himself competing against the likes of Kelly Slater and Joel Parkinson instead of hauling visiting surfers and their expensive gear to perfect breaks. This story of high drama and poignancy on the waves looks beyond well-known surf stars to uncover the kind of story that will inspire a new generation of surfers across the globe.
Winner: Best Feature Film, Aotearoa Surf Film Festival, Official Selection: San Diego Surf Film Festival.
View the trailer.
Directed by Maria Eça, Miguel Bretiano and Vasco Crespo. Portugal, 2012, 20 mins.
A Moldavian teenager discovers surf in Portugal. The fascination with the sport makes him a constant presence on the beach, where the locals teach him to swim and surf.
Winner: Best Portuguese Film, Portuguese Surf Film Festival, Official Selection: International Documentary Film Festival Amsterdam; Lisbon Film Festival; Kona Surf Film Festival.
View the trailer.
- Namets! • Yummy!
- Third is My First • 1st Ko si 3rd
- K'na The Dreamweaver
- That Thing Called Tadhana
- PIC Exchange: Road to the Globe
- PIC Exchange: Nā Loea: The M…
- Tokyo Fiancée • Ni d'Eve, ni d'Adam
- Ballet on Screen: Moulin Rou…
- In the Courtyard • Dans la cour
- Girlhood • Bande de filles
- Love at First Fight • Les Co…
- Number One Fan • Elle L'adore
- 3 Hearts • 3 coeurs
- The Young Girls of Rochefort…
- The Chef's Wife • On a faill…
- The Connection • La French
- Family Film Sunday: Song Of …
- Wild & Scenic Film Festival 2015
- Opera on Screen • Le Comte O…
- Stage on Screen • Showboat •…
- Ballet on Screen • Sleeping …