Waverider + Doze
Wednesday Jul 17 07:30 PM
Saturday Jul 20 01:00 PM
Thursday Jul 25 01:00 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $8.00
General Admission: $10.00
About the Film:
Directed by Karl Lear. USA, 2012, 60 mins.
In June 2012, when Fijian boatman and surfer Isei Tokovou won the wildcard entry to the Volcom Fiji Pro, he found himself competing against the likes of Kelly Slater and Joel Parkinson instead of hauling visiting surfers and their expensive gear to perfect breaks. This story of high drama and poignancy on the waves looks beyond well-known surf stars to uncover the kind of story that will inspire a new generation of surfers across the globe.
Winner: Best Feature Film, Aotearoa Surf Film Festival, Official Selection: San Diego Surf Film Festival.
View the trailer.
Directed by Maria Eça, Miguel Bretiano and Vasco Crespo. Portugal, 2012, 20 mins.
A Moldavian teenager discovers surf in Portugal. The fascination with the sport makes him a constant presence on the beach, where the locals teach him to swim and surf.
Winner: Best Portuguese Film, Portuguese Surf Film Festival, Official Selection: International Documentary Film Festival Amsterdam; Lisbon Film Festival; Kona Surf Film Festival.
View the trailer.
- Hawaiian: The Legend of Eddie Aikau
- Land of Patagones | Tierra D…
- The Salt Trail + Black Sapph…
- Mt Zion
- Road to the Globe + Kotiro M…
- White Lies + Maumahara
- Mana Wairoa Māori Shorts
- Dragon Ball Z: Battle of the Gods
- Opera on Screen | Falstaff f…
- Life Itself
- Finding Fela!
- Family Film Sunday: Take Wing
- 2014 Sundance Film Festival …
- Metro Manila
- Ballet on Screen | Mahler’s …
- A Cube of Sugar | Ye Habe Ghand
- Snow on the Pines | Barf Roo…
- The Orange Suit | Narenji Poush
- The Last Step | Peleh Akher