Waverider + Doze
Wednesday Jul 17 07:30 PM
Saturday Jul 20 01:00 PM
Thursday Jul 25 01:00 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $8.00
General Admission: $10.00
About the Film:
Directed by Karl Lear. USA, 2012, 60 mins.
In June 2012, when Fijian boatman and surfer Isei Tokovou won the wildcard entry to the Volcom Fiji Pro, he found himself competing against the likes of Kelly Slater and Joel Parkinson instead of hauling visiting surfers and their expensive gear to perfect breaks. This story of high drama and poignancy on the waves looks beyond well-known surf stars to uncover the kind of story that will inspire a new generation of surfers across the globe.
Winner: Best Feature Film, Aotearoa Surf Film Festival, Official Selection: San Diego Surf Film Festival.
View the trailer.
Directed by Maria Eça, Miguel Bretiano and Vasco Crespo. Portugal, 2012, 20 mins.
A Moldavian teenager discovers surf in Portugal. The fascination with the sport makes him a constant presence on the beach, where the locals teach him to swim and surf.
Winner: Best Portuguese Film, Portuguese Surf Film Festival, Official Selection: International Documentary Film Festival Amsterdam; Lisbon Film Festival; Kona Surf Film Festival.
View the trailer.
- Khoobsurat • Beautiful
- The Lunchbox
- Kochadaiiyaan: The Legend
- Opera on Screen | The Barber…
- Amira & Sam
- In the Realm of the Senses |…
- The Pornographers | Erogotos…
- American Masters | August Wi…
- Clarissa's Gift screening + …
- Soft Vengeance: Albie Sachs …
- Finding Samuel Lowe: From Ha…
- Through A Lens Darkly: Black…
- From Above • Chasing Shakespeare
- Some Like it Hot • Valentine…
- Family Film Sunday: Khumba
- Nas: Time is Illmatic
- Stop Pepper Palmer
- Stage on Screen | Caesar An…
- Casablanca: Illustrated lect…
- Keeping Up with the Steins
- The Sturgeon Queens
- Magic Men
- 24 Days • 24 Jours: La vérit…
- Disobedience: The Sousa Mend…
- Under the Same Sun
- Theodore Bikel: In the Shoes…
- Sundance ShortsLab: Honolulu…