Waverider + Doze
Wednesday Jul 17 07:30 PM
Saturday Jul 20 01:00 PM
Thursday Jul 25 01:00 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $8.00
General Admission: $10.00
About the Film:
Directed by Karl Lear. USA, 2012, 60 mins.
In June 2012, when Fijian boatman and surfer Isei Tokovou won the wildcard entry to the Volcom Fiji Pro, he found himself competing against the likes of Kelly Slater and Joel Parkinson instead of hauling visiting surfers and their expensive gear to perfect breaks. This story of high drama and poignancy on the waves looks beyond well-known surf stars to uncover the kind of story that will inspire a new generation of surfers across the globe.
Winner: Best Feature Film, Aotearoa Surf Film Festival, Official Selection: San Diego Surf Film Festival.
View the trailer.
Directed by Maria Eça, Miguel Bretiano and Vasco Crespo. Portugal, 2012, 20 mins.
A Moldavian teenager discovers surf in Portugal. The fascination with the sport makes him a constant presence on the beach, where the locals teach him to swim and surf.
Winner: Best Portuguese Film, Portuguese Surf Film Festival, Official Selection: International Documentary Film Festival Amsterdam; Lisbon Film Festival; Kona Surf Film Festival.
View the trailer.
- Jellyfish Eyes
- Love Live! The School Idol Movie
- Attack on Titan: Part One
- Bon Lin
- When Marnie Was There
- The Kingdom of Dreams and Madness
- The Misfits: 30 Years of Fluxus
- Battles Without Honor and Humanity
- Ballet on Screen: L'Histoire…
- June Bride: Redemption of a Yakuza
- JACO: A Documentary Film
- Godzilla: The Japanese Original
- Family Film Sunday: Fantasti…
- Attack on Titan: Part Two: E…
- HI Sk8 Films 2015 shorts showcase
- Opera on Screen: The Three T…
- I Am Thalente