Hangs Upon Nothing
Saturday Jul 20 07:30 PM
Wednesday Jul 31 01:00 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $8.00
General Admission: $10.00
About the Film:
Directed by Jeremy Rumas. USA, 2013, 90 mins. World premiere.
Shot entirely on 16mm and Super 16mm film with a Bolex camera with original score by the filmmaker’s band Turbo-fire to Zenith.
This highly anticipated 16mm surf odyssey, more than six years in the making, is a sensory guide to experiencing life as a surfer. Crafted from film to soundtrack by artist-director Jeremy Rumas, the film follows three stories that illuminate how surf and life intersect. Meet Chuck Corbett, a surfer who, at the age of 18, left everything behind to surf the remote atolls of Kiribati; the Jones brothers, who leave Hawai‘i to explore Kiribati and Indonesia in their pursuit of perfect waves; and a group of young local Indonesian surfers from Bali, as they grow up amid a sea of tourism, development, nightlife, and waves.
Special guest: Live narration and performance by director Jeremy Rumas on July 20 at 7:30pm and July 31 at 1pm.
- Metro Manila
- Ballet on Screen | Mahler’s …
- A Cube of Sugar | Ye Habe Ghand
- Snow on the Pines | Barf Roo…
- The Orange Suit | Narenji Poush
- The Last Step | Peleh Akher
- Angel Azul
- Opera on Screen | Hansel und…
- Stage on Screen | The Maste…
- Hi Sk8 Films: A Hawai‘i Skat…
- Sold Out | Under the Blood-Red Sun
- Standing on Sacred Ground Fi…
- Bridge to the Future
- Underwater Dreams
- Moana: The Rising of the Sea
- Opera on Screen | La Fanciul…
- To Be Takei
- God Help The Girl
- The Internet Cat Video Festi…