Hangs Upon Nothing
Saturday Jul 20 07:30 PM
Wednesday Jul 31 01:00 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $8.00
General Admission: $10.00
About the Film:
Directed by Jeremy Rumas. USA, 2013, 90 mins. World premiere.
Shot entirely on 16mm and Super 16mm film with a Bolex camera with original score by the filmmaker’s band Turbo-fire to Zenith.
This highly anticipated 16mm surf odyssey, more than six years in the making, is a sensory guide to experiencing life as a surfer. Crafted from film to soundtrack by artist-director Jeremy Rumas, the film follows three stories that illuminate how surf and life intersect. Meet Chuck Corbett, a surfer who, at the age of 18, left everything behind to surf the remote atolls of Kiribati; the Jones brothers, who leave Hawai‘i to explore Kiribati and Indonesia in their pursuit of perfect waves; and a group of young local Indonesian surfers from Bali, as they grow up amid a sea of tourism, development, nightlife, and waves.
Special guest: Live narration and performance by director Jeremy Rumas on July 20 at 7:30pm and July 31 at 1pm.
- Ghost In the Shell: The New Movie
- Ua Mau Ke Ea: Sovereignty Endures
- My Love, Don't Cross That River
- Opera on Screen: Pavarotti &…
- The Look of Silence
- Finding Joe
- Heart of A Dog
- Supermensch: The Legend of S…
- Free Keiki Ohana Screening
- East Side Sushi
- Something Better To Come
- The Second Mother • Que Hora…
- Breathe • Respire
- Johnny To's Office
- Opera on Screen: The Three T…
- The Quay Brothers in 35mm
- The Assassin
- Family Film Sunday: Shaun th…
- Opera on Screen: Aida on Syd…