Raw: The Movie + Onde Nostre
Tuesday Jul 23 01:00 PM
Thursday Jul 25 07:30 PM
Thursday Aug 01 07:30 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $8.00
General Admission: $10.00
About the Film:
Raw: The Movie
Directed by Cohan Banfield and Mark Brightwell. Australia, 2012, 54 mins.
A fusion of epic surf, stunning cinematography and amping sounds Raw showcases pro and everyday surfers in Indonesia, Tahiti, Hawai‘i, Tasmania and Australia. Go to another world where these surfers can lose themselves in the waves. Featuring Owen Wright, Dean Bowen, Ryan Hipwood, Michael Hopkins, John John Florence, Matt “Archy” Archbold and many more.
Winner: Best Cinematography, New York Surf Film Festival, Official Selection: London Surf Film Festival; Byron Bay International Film Festival; Surf at Lisbon Surf Film Festival.
View the trailer.
Directed by Luca Merli and Matteo Ferrari. Italy, 2011, 30 mins. Hawai‘i premiere.
Shot between Liguria, Tuscany and the western Sardinia, Onde Nostre (“our waves”) is an unexpected journey into the heart of the Italian surf scene—don’t miss a chance to hitch a ride on this Italian surf road trip.
Official Selection: San Diego Surf Film Festival; Anglet Surf Film Festival; Cologne Surf Film Festival; Nord Nord West Surf Film Festival; Surf at Lisbon Surf Film Festival.
View the trailer.
- Tokyo Fiancée • Ni d'Eve, ni d'Adam
- Ballet on Screen: Moulin Rou…
- In the Courtyard • Dans la cour
- Girlhood • Bande de filles
- Love at First Fight • Les Co…
- Number One Fan • Elle L'adore
- 3 Hearts • 3 coeurs
- The Young Girls of Rochefort…
- The Chef's Wife • On a faill…
- The Connection • La French
- Family Film Sunday: Song Of …
- Wild & Scenic Film Festival 2015
- Opera on Screen • Le Comte O…
- Stage on Screen • Showboat •…
- Ballet on Screen • Sleeping …
- Opera on Screen • Benvenuto …