Sunday Jul 28 01:00 PM
Sunday Jul 28 06:00 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
About the Film:
July 28, Closing-night reception, 6-7:30pm: Enjoy a live performance by Mano Kane, plus food from Da Spot, beer and wine for purchase. $15, $12 museum members.
Directed by Bud Browne. USA, 1963. 73 mins.
This classic from surf-film pioneer Bud Browne includes helicopter shots of Waimea Bay, Pipe Master Butch Van Artsdalen, and a tandem surf contest at Huntington Beach.
Special guests: Following the 7:30pm screening, Anna Trent Moore, of the Bud Browne Film Archives, leads a panel discussion with Hawai‘i surf luminaries Peter Cole, Ricky Grigg, Kimo Hollinger and big wave surfer Gavin Sutherland (son of legendary surfer Jock Sutherland).
- The Death & Life of Marsha P…
- A Date for Mad Mary
- When We Rise
- Family Film Sunday: Longing …
- Desert Hearts
- Michelangelo: Love and Death
- Restless Creature: Wendy Whelan
- Chasing Ice
- Chasing Coral
- From the Land of the Moon
- The Trip to Spain
- Warriors of the Dawn (대립군)
- A Taxi Driver (택시 운전사)
- Bluebeard (해빙)
- May It Last: A Portrait of t…
- Arthouse Theatre Day: Titicu…