Sunday Jul 28 01:00 PM
Sunday Jul 28 06:00 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
About the Film:
July 28, Closing-night reception, 6-7:30pm: Enjoy a live performance by Mano Kane, plus food from Da Spot, beer and wine for purchase. $15, $12 museum members.
Directed by Bud Browne. USA, 1963. 73 mins.
This classic from surf-film pioneer Bud Browne includes helicopter shots of Waimea Bay, Pipe Master Butch Van Artsdalen, and a tandem surf contest at Huntington Beach.
Special guests: Following the 7:30pm screening, Anna Trent Moore, of the Bud Browne Film Archives, leads a panel discussion with Hawai‘i surf luminaries Peter Cole, Ricky Grigg, Kimo Hollinger and big wave surfer Gavin Sutherland (son of legendary surfer Jock Sutherland).
- Ever the Land
- The Price of Peace
- Mana Wairoa Māori Shorts
- Hōkūleʻa: The Past
- Hōkūleʻa: The Future
- Maisa the Chamoru Girl who S…
- Mon Roi • My King
- New Faces of French Animation
- Young Tiger • Bébé Tigre
- My Internship in Canada • Gu…
- April and the Extraordinary …
- Microbe et Gasoil • Microbe …
- King Georges
- Family Film Sunday: Havoc in…
- Valley of Love
- In Harmony • En équilibre
- Mauvais Sang
- The Man Who Fell to Earth
- Purple Rain