Sunday Jul 28 01:00 PM
Sunday Jul 28 06:00 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
About the Film:
July 28, Closing-night reception, 6-7:30pm: Enjoy a live performance by Mano Kane, plus food from Da Spot, beer and wine for purchase. $15, $12 museum members.
Directed by Bud Browne. USA, 1963. 73 mins.
This classic from surf-film pioneer Bud Browne includes helicopter shots of Waimea Bay, Pipe Master Butch Van Artsdalen, and a tandem surf contest at Huntington Beach.
Special guests: Following the 7:30pm screening, Anna Trent Moore, of the Bud Browne Film Archives, leads a panel discussion with Hawai‘i surf luminaries Peter Cole, Ricky Grigg, Kimo Hollinger and big wave surfer Gavin Sutherland (son of legendary surfer Jock Sutherland).
- MIND/GAME: The Unquiet Journ…
- Christmas Wedding Baby
- America Is Still the Place
- How Sweet the Sound: The Bli…
- Jimmy Goes to Nollywood
- BaddDDD Sonia Sanchez
- Romeo Is Bleeding
- The Art of Ama Ata Aidoo
- Black Panthers: Vanguard of …
- The Amazing Nina Simone
- Holding Fast the Dream: Hawa…
- Akounak Tedalat Taha Tazough…
- Taking Israel
- Stage on Screen • Showboat •…
- Once in a Lifetime • Les Héritiers
- Labyrinth of Lies
- Above and Beyond
- Sabena Hijacking – My Version
- Family Film Sunday: Belle an…