Sunday Jul 28 01:00 PM
Sunday Jul 28 06:00 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
About the Film:
July 28, Closing-night reception, 6-7:30pm: Enjoy a live performance by Mano Kane, plus food from Da Spot, beer and wine for purchase. $15, $12 museum members.
Directed by Bud Browne. USA, 1963. 73 mins.
This classic from surf-film pioneer Bud Browne includes helicopter shots of Waimea Bay, Pipe Master Butch Van Artsdalen, and a tandem surf contest at Huntington Beach.
Special guests: Following the 7:30pm screening, Anna Trent Moore, of the Bud Browne Film Archives, leads a panel discussion with Hawai‘i surf luminaries Peter Cole, Ricky Grigg, Kimo Hollinger and big wave surfer Gavin Sutherland (son of legendary surfer Jock Sutherland).
- Gett: The Trial of Viviane Amsalem
- A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night
- Ballet on Screen: Don Quixot…
- Stage on Screen: Great Expec…
- Opera on Screen: Arabella • …
- Namets! • Yummy!
- Family Film Sunday: Azur & Asmar
- Third is My First • 1st Ko si 3rd
- K'na The Dreamweaver
- That Thing Called Tadhana