Sunday Jul 28 01:00 PM
Sunday Jul 28 06:00 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
About the Film:
July 28, Closing-night reception, 6-7:30pm: Enjoy a live performance by Mano Kane, plus food from Da Spot, beer and wine for purchase. $15, $12 museum members.
Directed by Bud Browne. USA, 1963. 73 mins.
This classic from surf-film pioneer Bud Browne includes helicopter shots of Waimea Bay, Pipe Master Butch Van Artsdalen, and a tandem surf contest at Huntington Beach.
Special guests: Following the 7:30pm screening, Anna Trent Moore, of the Bud Browne Film Archives, leads a panel discussion with Hawai‘i surf luminaries Peter Cole, Ricky Grigg, Kimo Hollinger and big wave surfer Gavin Sutherland (son of legendary surfer Jock Sutherland).
- Jellyfish Eyes
- Love Live! The School Idol Movie
- Attack on Titan: Part One
- Bon Lin
- When Marnie Was There
- The Kingdom of Dreams and Madness
- The Misfits: 30 Years of Fluxus
- Battles Without Honor and Humanity
- Ballet on Screen: L'Histoire…
- June Bride: Redemption of a Yakuza
- JACO: A Documentary Film
- Godzilla: The Japanese Original
- Family Film Sunday: Fantasti…
- Attack on Titan: Part Two: E…
- HI Sk8 Films 2015 shorts showcase
- Opera on Screen: The Three T…
- I Am Thalente