Sunday Jul 28 01:00 PM
Sunday Jul 28 06:00 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
About the Film:
July 28, Closing-night reception, 6-7:30pm: Enjoy a live performance by Mano Kane, plus food from Da Spot, beer and wine for purchase. $15, $12 museum members.
Directed by Bud Browne. USA, 1963. 73 mins.
This classic from surf-film pioneer Bud Browne includes helicopter shots of Waimea Bay, Pipe Master Butch Van Artsdalen, and a tandem surf contest at Huntington Beach.
Special guests: Following the 7:30pm screening, Anna Trent Moore, of the Bud Browne Film Archives, leads a panel discussion with Hawai‘i surf luminaries Peter Cole, Ricky Grigg, Kimo Hollinger and big wave surfer Gavin Sutherland (son of legendary surfer Jock Sutherland).
- My Love, Don't Cross That River
- Opera on Screen: Pavarotti &…
- The Look of Silence
- Finding Joe
- Heart of A Dog
- Supermensch: The Legend of S…
- Free Keiki Ohana Screening
- East Side Sushi
- Something Better To Come
- The Second Mother • Que Hora…
- Breathe • Respire
- Johnny To's Office
- Opera on Screen: The Three T…
- The Quay Brothers in 35mm
- The Assassin
- Family Film Sunday: Shaun th…
- Opera on Screen: Aida on Syd…