Sunday Jul 28 01:00 PM
Sunday Jul 28 06:00 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
About the Film:
July 28, Closing-night reception, 6-7:30pm: Enjoy a live performance by Mano Kane, plus food from Da Spot, beer and wine for purchase. $15, $12 museum members.
Directed by Bud Browne. USA, 1963. 73 mins.
This classic from surf-film pioneer Bud Browne includes helicopter shots of Waimea Bay, Pipe Master Butch Van Artsdalen, and a tandem surf contest at Huntington Beach.
Special guests: Following the 7:30pm screening, Anna Trent Moore, of the Bud Browne Film Archives, leads a panel discussion with Hawai‘i surf luminaries Peter Cole, Ricky Grigg, Kimo Hollinger and big wave surfer Gavin Sutherland (son of legendary surfer Jock Sutherland).
- The Internet Cat Video Festi…
- The Paw Project
- Opera on Screen | Lucrezia B…
- Björk: Biophilia Live
- Ballet on Screen | Julia Och…
- Bird People
- Nā Loea: Ancestral Ink + Nā …
- The Hawaiian Room
- ‘Ōiwi Shorts Showcase
- Waikiki Wedding
- The Haumana + Lāhainā Noon: …
- The Light in the Lady’s Eyes…
- Family Film Sunday: Na Mo‘ol…
- The Whole Shebang (Alles Inklusive)
- Munich in India (München in Indien)
- The Circle (Der Kreis)
- Windstorm (Ostwind - Zusamme…
- The Dark Valley (Das finstere Tal)
- Diplomacy (Diplomatie)
- For the Love of Tango
- Opera on Screen | La Ceneren…