Sunday Jul 28 01:00 PM
Sunday Jul 28 06:00 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
About the Film:
July 28, Closing-night reception, 6-7:30pm: Enjoy a live performance by Mano Kane, plus food from Da Spot, beer and wine for purchase. $15, $12 museum members.
Directed by Bud Browne. USA, 1963. 73 mins.
This classic from surf-film pioneer Bud Browne includes helicopter shots of Waimea Bay, Pipe Master Butch Van Artsdalen, and a tandem surf contest at Huntington Beach.
Special guests: Following the 7:30pm screening, Anna Trent Moore, of the Bud Browne Film Archives, leads a panel discussion with Hawai‘i surf luminaries Peter Cole, Ricky Grigg, Kimo Hollinger and big wave surfer Gavin Sutherland (son of legendary surfer Jock Sutherland).
- Metro Manila
- Ballet on Screen | Mahler’s …
- A Cube of Sugar | Ye Habe Ghand
- Snow on the Pines | Barf Roo…
- The Orange Suit | Narenji Poush
- The Last Step | Peleh Akher
- Angel Azul
- Opera on Screen | Hansel und…
- Stage on Screen | The Maste…
- Hi Sk8 Films: A Hawai‘i Skat…
- Sold Out | Under the Blood-Red Sun
- Standing on Sacred Ground Fi…
- Bridge to the Future
- Underwater Dreams
- Moana: The Rising of the Sea
- Opera on Screen | La Fanciul…
- To Be Takei
- God Help The Girl
- The Internet Cat Video Festi…