Sunday Jul 28 01:00 PM
Sunday Jul 28 06:00 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
About the Film:
July 28, Closing-night reception, 6-7:30pm: Enjoy a live performance by Mano Kane, plus food from Da Spot, beer and wine for purchase. $15, $12 museum members.
Directed by Bud Browne. USA, 1963. 73 mins.
This classic from surf-film pioneer Bud Browne includes helicopter shots of Waimea Bay, Pipe Master Butch Van Artsdalen, and a tandem surf contest at Huntington Beach.
Special guests: Following the 7:30pm screening, Anna Trent Moore, of the Bud Browne Film Archives, leads a panel discussion with Hawai‘i surf luminaries Peter Cole, Ricky Grigg, Kimo Hollinger and big wave surfer Gavin Sutherland (son of legendary surfer Jock Sutherland).
- Embrace of the Serpent
- Dream Big: Nānākuli at the Fringe
- Wild & Scenic Film Festival 2016
- The Tribunal
- Mauna Kea: Temple Under Siege
- Pele’s Appeal + Stolen Waters
- Sundance Native Shorts Lab: …
- Kumu Hula: Keepers of a Culture
- Family Film Sunday: Waltah t…
- Ever the Land
- The Price of Peace
- Mana Wairoa Māori Shorts
- Hōkūleʻa: The Past
- Hōkūleʻa: The Future