Sunday Jul 28 01:00 PM
Sunday Jul 28 06:00 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
About the Film:
July 28, Closing-night reception, 6-7:30pm: Enjoy a live performance by Mano Kane, plus food from Da Spot, beer and wine for purchase. $15, $12 museum members.
Directed by Bud Browne. USA, 1963. 73 mins.
This classic from surf-film pioneer Bud Browne includes helicopter shots of Waimea Bay, Pipe Master Butch Van Artsdalen, and a tandem surf contest at Huntington Beach.
Special guests: Following the 7:30pm screening, Anna Trent Moore, of the Bud Browne Film Archives, leads a panel discussion with Hawai‘i surf luminaries Peter Cole, Ricky Grigg, Kimo Hollinger and big wave surfer Gavin Sutherland (son of legendary surfer Jock Sutherland).
- Jackpot • Trúng Số
- Children of the Village • Nh…
- Lost Eyes • Hiệp Sĩ Mù
- The Prince and Pagoda Boy • …
- Scandal I • Bí Mật Thảm Đỏ
- Scandal 2 • Hao Quang Tro Lai
- Beyond the Surface
- The Search for Freedom
- iON the Barrel Vol. 2
- Strange Rumblings in Shangri…
- Into the Sea
- Breaking the Wave • Rompiend…
- Expencive Porno Movie, Fortu…
- Pacific Vibrations
- 70 E Tal • 70 Something
- What the Sea Gives Me + shorts
- Behind the Tide
- Oney Anwar: Chasing the Dream
- Attractive Distractions
- Wake Unto Blue
- Ocean Driven
- Pa‘a Ke Aupuni: The Reel His…
- Locked In!