Sunday Jul 28 01:00 PM
Sunday Jul 28 06:00 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
About the Film:
July 28, Closing-night reception, 6-7:30pm: Enjoy a live performance by Mano Kane, plus food from Da Spot, beer and wine for purchase. $15, $12 museum members.
Directed by Bud Browne. USA, 1963. 73 mins.
This classic from surf-film pioneer Bud Browne includes helicopter shots of Waimea Bay, Pipe Master Butch Van Artsdalen, and a tandem surf contest at Huntington Beach.
Special guests: Following the 7:30pm screening, Anna Trent Moore, of the Bud Browne Film Archives, leads a panel discussion with Hawai‘i surf luminaries Peter Cole, Ricky Grigg, Kimo Hollinger and big wave surfer Gavin Sutherland (son of legendary surfer Jock Sutherland).
- View From a Blue Moon
- Headache + Deeper
- Double Barrel + The More Thi…
- Fire and Water
- Dirty Old Wedge
- La Maestra + The Women and t…
- The Wave I Ride
- Surfing Southern Africa
- Freeze Frames
- Bud Browne’s Surfers
- Surfing the Fifties
- Mad Dogs
- Mr. Smith Goes to Washington
- Under the Gun
- Family Film Sunday: See the …
- Leonardo Da Vinci: The Geniu…
- Painting the Modern Garden: …
- The Smog of the Sea | Film p…
- One More Time With Feeling