Sunday Jul 28 01:00 PM
Sunday Jul 28 06:00 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
About the Film:
July 28, Closing-night reception, 6-7:30pm: Enjoy a live performance by Mano Kane, plus food from Da Spot, beer and wine for purchase. $15, $12 museum members.
Directed by Bud Browne. USA, 1963. 73 mins.
This classic from surf-film pioneer Bud Browne includes helicopter shots of Waimea Bay, Pipe Master Butch Van Artsdalen, and a tandem surf contest at Huntington Beach.
Special guests: Following the 7:30pm screening, Anna Trent Moore, of the Bud Browne Film Archives, leads a panel discussion with Hawai‘i surf luminaries Peter Cole, Ricky Grigg, Kimo Hollinger and big wave surfer Gavin Sutherland (son of legendary surfer Jock Sutherland).
- For the Love of Tango
- Opera on Screen | La Ceneren…
- A Conversation with James Ivory
- A Conversation with James Iv…
- 25 to Life
- Shakespeare Wallah
- Bombay Talkie
- Heat and Dust
- In Custody
- Breath of Life + Mālama Maunalua
- Pump + Green Screen Hawai‘i shorts
- DamNation + Ola I Ka Wai + T…
- Ballet on Screen | The Nutcr…
- National Gallery
- Christmas #Catvidfest hosted…
- 20,000 Days on Earth
- Family Film Sunday: Frozen S…
- Soul of a Banquet
- 2014 Sundance Film Festival …
- Stage on Screen | From Here …