Sunday Jul 28 01:00 PM
Sunday Jul 28 06:00 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
About the Film:
July 28, Closing-night reception, 6-7:30pm: Enjoy a live performance by Mano Kane, plus food from Da Spot, beer and wine for purchase. $15, $12 museum members.
Directed by Bud Browne. USA, 1963. 73 mins.
This classic from surf-film pioneer Bud Browne includes helicopter shots of Waimea Bay, Pipe Master Butch Van Artsdalen, and a tandem surf contest at Huntington Beach.
Special guests: Following the 7:30pm screening, Anna Trent Moore, of the Bud Browne Film Archives, leads a panel discussion with Hawai‘i surf luminaries Peter Cole, Ricky Grigg, Kimo Hollinger and big wave surfer Gavin Sutherland (son of legendary surfer Jock Sutherland).
- Honolulu Rainbow Film Festival 2016
- Painting the Modern Garden: …
- SOLD OUT: The Smog of the Se…
- The Himalayas (히말라야)
- Train to Busan (부산행)
- Spirits’ Homecoming (귀향)
- Like for Likes (좋아해줘)
- Dongju: Portrait of a Poet (동주 예고편)
- The Wailing (곡성)
- One More Time With Feeling
- Family Film Sunday: The Iron Giant
- Burlesque Assassins
- Lo and Behold: Reveries of t…