Family Film Sunday: The Painting
Sunday Aug 18 11:10 AM
Sunday Aug 18 01:00 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
About the Film:
$ 3 adults | $1 children (13 + under)
Directed by Jean-François Laguionie. France, 78 mins. In English. Ages 7 + up.
This touching, inventive animated fable is set within the borders of an unfinished artwork temporarily residing in the lush garden of an old château. In the world within the canvas three types of creatures coexist: the fully drawn and colored Alldunns; the partially completed Halfies; and the Sketchies, which exist as only rough designs. The Alldunns lord it over the others, until one of them, Ramo, starts to wonder if this is indeed the way things are meant to be—or if someday the others will be completed. Together with his beloved Claire (a Halfie, and thus off-limits for him), Ramo sets off to see if he can contact the mysterious Painter who started all the trouble in the first place.
View the trailer.
- Gett: The Trial of Viviane Amsalem
- A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night
- Ballet on Screen: Don Quixot…
- Stage on Screen: Great Expec…
- Opera on Screen: Arabella • …
- Namets! • Yummy!
- Family Film Sunday: Azur & Asmar
- Third is My First • 1st Ko si 3rd
- K'na The Dreamweaver
- That Thing Called Tadhana