Lullaby Ride | Nachtlärm
Thursday Dec 19 01:00 PM
Thursday Dec 19 07:30 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $8.00
General Admission: $10.00
About the Film:
Directed by Christoph Schaub. Switzerland | Germany. 2012. 94 mins. German with English subtitles.
Life could be wonderful for young parents Livia and Marco—if only their adorable nine-month-old son would stop crying. Their solution is one parents have turned to since the invention of the automobile: the middle-of-the-night highway drive. One rainy night, however, the couple stops at a late-night convenience store, only to have their car—and its precious cargo—stolen before their eyes. A madcap chase ensues as the pair steals a car, outwits phony policemen and takes on a host of shady characters to rescue their child from his unintentional kidnapper. But will it revive their marriage? Only tomorrow will tell. Not since the Coen Brothers’ Raising Arizona has there been such an audacious movie on the subject of babynapping. Official Selection: Locarno Film Festival; Warsaw International Film Festival.
View the trailer.
German food truck, 6-7:30pm: The Wurst-Wagen, Hawai‘i's first German food truck, will be outside the theater on Kinau Street serving Teutonic faves such as wiener schnitzel, currywurst, and leberkaese rolls.
- In the Courtyard • Dans la cour
- Love at First Fight • Les Co…
- 3 Hearts • 3 coeurs
- The Chef's Wife • On a faill…
- Wild & Scenic Film Festival 2015
- Opera on Screen • Le Comte O…
- Stage on Screen • Showboat •…
- Honolulu Rainbow Film Festival 2015
- Racing Extinction
- Speechless: A Polar Realm • …
- Shark Girl • México Pelágico
- Into the Gyre • The Plastic Age
- Our Deepest Waters • My Sal…
- Ballet on Screen • Sleeping …
- Opera on Screen • Benvenuto …