Lullaby Ride | Nachtlärm
Thursday Dec 19 01:00 PM
Thursday Dec 19 07:30 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $8.00
General Admission: $10.00
About the Film:
Directed by Christoph Schaub. Switzerland | Germany. 2012. 94 mins. German with English subtitles.
Life could be wonderful for young parents Livia and Marco—if only their adorable nine-month-old son would stop crying. Their solution is one parents have turned to since the invention of the automobile: the middle-of-the-night highway drive. One rainy night, however, the couple stops at a late-night convenience store, only to have their car—and its precious cargo—stolen before their eyes. A madcap chase ensues as the pair steals a car, outwits phony policemen and takes on a host of shady characters to rescue their child from his unintentional kidnapper. But will it revive their marriage? Only tomorrow will tell. Not since the Coen Brothers’ Raising Arizona has there been such an audacious movie on the subject of babynapping. Official Selection: Locarno Film Festival; Warsaw International Film Festival.
View the trailer.
German food truck, 6-7:30pm: The Wurst-Wagen, Hawai‘i's first German food truck, will be outside the theater on Kinau Street serving Teutonic faves such as wiener schnitzel, currywurst, and leberkaese rolls.
- Hawaiian: The Legend of Eddie Aikau
- Land of Patagones | Tierra D…
- Mt Zion
- Road to the Globe + Kotiro M…
- White Lies + Maumahara
- Mana Wairoa Māori Shorts
- Dragon Ball Z: Battle of the Gods
- Opera on Screen | Falstaff f…
- Life Itself
- Finding Fela!
- Family Film Sunday: Take Wing
- 2014 Sundance Film Festival …
- Metro Manila
- Ballet on Screen | Mahler’s …
- A Cube of Sugar | Ye Habe Ghand
- Snow on the Pines | Barf Roo…
- The Orange Suit | Narenji Poush
- The Last Step | Peleh Akher