Family Film Sunday: See The World: Live Action Shorts From Children's Film Festival Seattle
Sunday Jan 19 11:10 AM
Sunday Jan 19 01:00 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
About the Film:
$3 adults, $1 children (13 + under)
The girls and boys in these films are full of determination to live life to the fullest—despite sometimes daunting obstacles and challenges. You’ll be amazed by their ingenuity, strength and sense of adventure. See the world and feed your mind with this collection of live action shorts. Note: Some films depict scenes of emotional difficulty, with happy endings.
Special thanks to Children’s Film Festival Seattle and curator Elizabeth Shepherd.
Hoverboard (Sydney Freeland, USA)
After watching the film Back to the Future, a girl and her teddy bear set out to make a real, functioning hoverboard.
Calling Quilombola (David Reeks, Brazil)
Kids in rural Brazil tell the stories of their lives through the old-fashioned game of “telephone.” Winner of the Children’s Jury Global Zoom (Short Film) Prize.
Minnie Loves Junior (Andy Mullins, Australia)
The story of a girl’s admiration for a boy, and how she proves to him how valuable her friendship can be.
The Homework (Biviana Márquez, Colombia)
A simple homework assignment turns into a magical adventure for a boy who loves learning.
In a Heartbeat (Karolina Lewicka, Iceland)
A young girl finds the courage to stand up to bullies. Winner of the Children's Jury Prize for Best Live Action Film.
B-Boy (Lisa Cohen, USA)
A 13-year-old boy break dances all the way to his Bar Mitzvah. Winner of the Seattle Hospital Children’s Jury Prize for Best Live Action film.
- Hawaiian: The Legend of Eddie Aikau
- Land of Patagones | Tierra D…
- The North Canyon: Nazaré Cal…
- Onde Italiane double feature…
- The Salt Trail + Black Sapph…
- East Coast Double Feature! A…
- Good Morning Miyazaki + Catc…
- Innersection: Black + Se7en Signs
- MANA The Film
- The Old, the Young & the Sea…
- Serendipity + Had Too Much t…
- Ballet on Screen | Bodas De …
- Honolulu Surf Film Festival …
- Mt Zion
- Road to the Globe + Kotiro M…
- White Lies + Maumahara
- Mana Wairoa Maori Shorts
- Dragon Ball Z: Battle of the Gods
- Opera on Screen | Falstaff f…
- Family Film Sunday: Take Wing
- Ballet on Screen | Mahler’s …