OUT in the Line-up + Flux: Redefining Women’s Surfing + Easkey Britton: Surf in Iran
Tuesday Jul 08 07:30 PM
Friday Jul 18 01:00 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $8.00
General Admission: $10.00
About the Film:
OUT in the Line-up
Directed by Ian W Thomson. Australia. 2014. 69 mins.
OUT in the Line-up follows Australian surfers David Wakefield and Thomas Castets as they embark on a journey from the east coast of Australia to Hawai‘i, California, Mexico and the Galàpagos Islands to uncover the taboo of homosexuality in surfing. Throughout their travels David and Thomas hear stories of fear, isolation and self-doubt, but are also inspired by tales of hope, self-empowerment and transformation. As their journey unfolds, David and Thomas hope to create change in surf culture, looking to surfing’s grassroots values of freedom of spirit, open-mindedness, and love for the ocean.
Flux: Redefining Women’s Surfing
Directed by Mia Montanile, Sarah Lee, Chad King. USA. 2014. 17 mins
Surfing is an expression of freedom for women around the world, but what happens when the media and larger culture of sexualization threaten to take that freedom away?
Easkey Britton: Surf in Iran
Directed by Marion Poizeau. France/Ireland. 2013. 5 mins
Irish big-wave surfer Easkey Britton became the first woman to surf off the coast of Iran in 2013. This is her story.
- Cat Video Film Festival 2019
- I Am Cuba
- Police Story
- Police Story 2
- Family Film Sunday: The CAFF…
- Ash is Purest White (江湖儿女)
- Pele's Path: The Journey Home
- LEONARDO cinquecento
- PIC Exchange: Leitis in Waiting
- Merata: How Mum Decolonised …
- Anote Tong in Conversation +…
- Wild & Scenic Film Festival 2019
- CAFF 2019 Opening Night: Ani…
- CAFF 2019: Animated Lives
- CAFF 2019: Animated Perspectives
- CAFF 2019 Family Film Sunday…