Curatorial Lecture Series | Stephen Salel: Tongue in Cheek: Decoding the Elusive Humor of 19th-Century Japanese Shunga
Wednesday Nov 06 04:00 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
About the Lecture:
Get ready for our second shunga exhibition, opening Nov 14, with this look at the sly laughs to be had from erotic Japanese art of the 19th century.
Stephen Salel is the Robert F. Lange Foundation Japanese Art Research Associate at the Honolulu Museum of Art.
- Music of Hawai‘i: Kuana Torr…
- Archaeological Institute of …
- Out of the Box: Ernie Halter
- Out of the Box: Raul Midón w…
- From Doris Duke’s Bedroom to…
- Shimmy Showcase | Essence
- Shimmy Showcase | The Unveiling
- Music of Hawai’i: Abe Lagrim…