Gallery talk | Theresa Papanikolas: Karl Struss: Pictorialist Photographer and Critters! Animal Pictures from the Collection of Cherye R. and James A. Pierce
Thursday Jan 16 02:00 PM
Honolulu Museum of Art
About the Lecture:
Part of the Decisive Moments Photography Program Series.
Theresa Papanikolas is the Curator of European and American Art at the Honolulu Museum of Art. She received her BA in Art History from the University of Southern California, and her MA and PhD in Art History from the University of Delaware. Prior to joining the Museum, Theresa was the Wallis Annenberg Curatorial Fellow at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art, and she has held curatorial and academic positions at the Contemporary Arts Museum Houston, the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston, and Rice University. At the Honolulu Museum, she is curator of the major exhibitions From Whistler to Warhol: Modernism on Paper, Exquisitely Modern: 50 Works from Herbert and Dorothy Vogel, and the recent reinstallation of the European and American galleries. She is also curator of the exhibition Georgia O’Keeffe and Ansel Adams: The Hawai‘i Pictures.
Check in at the Visitor Information Center.
FREE with museum admission.
- Artists of Imayō: An Exhibit…
- Cultural Middle East Journey
- Shimmy Showcase 2016: Essence
- The Past as Future in Japane…
- Shimmy Showcase 2016: The Reveal
- Scratch Paper Sketch Comedy Show
- Music of Hawai‘i: Mango Season
- Haunted Hawaiian Nights 2016…
- Paniolo Roadhouse Opry
- Paul Schimmel | Lee Bontecou…
- Deb Aoki | Making a Living i…
- Japanese Painting and the We…