May 19, 2013 11:00am-05:00pm
Honolulu Museum of Art
Bank of Hawaii Family Sunday event information
Just a week of school left. Get ready for summer with art and music.
Note: Activities end at 3pm
Cool keychains: Using felt, make a popsicle keychain, then customize it with google eyes, sequins, ribbon and other fun notions.
Let's go fishing: Make a hook out of cardstock and yarn, then "catch" Balloon Monsoon balloon fish from a wading pool!
Storytelling, 11:30am, 12:30pm, 1:30pm, 2:30pm
The Hapa Haole Hula Ohana a Chance to Dance!, 11am-noon
The troupe performs local favorites and welcomes children to join in. The Ohana's program also includes teaching a bit of American Sign Language.
Twirling Girlish, 2-3pm
Hula Hoops are back! Twirling Girlish give a Hoopdance demo—then you are invited to join in for a mini hoop lesson. Hoops and music provided!
FAMILY FILM SUNDAY
Take a trip around the world through Continent Hop as you experience what it’s like to be a child in different cultures through imaginative animation.
- Kalua pork with rice and macaroni salad (mini-plate) $6
- Teri burger deluxe with chips (cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, mayo, mustard) $6
- Hot dog with chips $4
- Frittata with blueberry muffin (red potato, onion, mushroom, red and green bell pepper, broccoli, zucchini, yellow squash, cheese, eggs) $7
- Peanut butter jelly sandwich (3 stack) $4
- Fruit bowl
- Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, bottled water, juice $1
- Gatorade, Arizona Green Tea, iced coffee $2
Congratulations to last month's contest winner, four-year-old Love-Lee Arocha from Honolulu!
Kids (ages 1-17) can enter the monthly drawing contest. The Honolulu Museum of Art gives contestants a theme and drawing supplies. The winner receives a Family Level membership to the Honolulu Museum of Art (worth $95), and his or her artwork is used to create the following month’s event brochure and is posted on the Museum's website.