Sunday Jun 23 07:30 PM
Wednesday Jul 03 01:00 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $8.00
General Admission: $10.00
About the Film:
Directed by Masaki Kobayashi. Japan, 1962, 133 mins.
Following the collapse of his clan, a mysterious samurai arrives at the doorstep of his feudal lord, requesting an honorable death by ritual suicide in his courtyard. The lord threatens him with the brutal tale of a desperate young ronin who made a similar request with ulterior motives, only to meet a gristly end. Undaunted, the samurai begins to tell a story of his own, with an ending no one could see coming!
View the trailer.
June 23 at 6:30pm, join us for a FREE screening of the following episodes from Samurai 7. Guests who attend the free screening receive the $2 membership discount to the 7:30pm screening of Harakiri.
Special thanks to Kawaii Kon, Hawaiʻi's premiere anime convention.
Episode 3: The Entertainer
Kambei decides to help out the Kanna trio. Katsushiro and Kikuchiyo come across Gorobei, a street entertainer, who challenges Katsuhiro to play his game of arrows.
Episode 4: The Loner
Kambei recruits Gorobei and they easily dispatch of the assassins sent by the magistrate Ayamaro. Ayamaro sends his two bodyguards and Kambei faces off against the mysterious Kyuzo.
- Opera on Screen • Benvenuto …
- Don’t Think I’ve Forgotten: …
- Toots and the Maytals: Regga…
- Jackpot • Trúng Số
- Children of the Village • Nh…
- Lost Eyes • Hiệp Sĩ Mù
- The Prince and Pagoda Boy • …
- Scandal I • Bí Mật Thảm Đỏ
- Scandal 2 • Hao Quang Tro Lai
- Beyond the Surface
- The Search for Freedom
- iON the Barrel Vol. 2
- Strange Rumblings in Shangri…
- Into the Sea
- Breaking the Wave • Rompiend…
- Expencive Porno Movie, Fortu…
- Pacific Vibrations
- 70 E Tal • 70 Something
- What the Sea Gives Me + shorts
- Behind the Tide
- Oney Anwar: Chasing the Dream
- Attractive Distractions
- Wake Unto Blue
- Ocean Driven
- Pa‘a Ke Aupuni: The Reel His…
- Locked In!