Sunday Jun 23 07:30 PM
Wednesday Jul 03 01:00 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $8.00
General Admission: $10.00
About the Film:
Directed by Masaki Kobayashi. Japan, 1962, 133 mins.
Following the collapse of his clan, a mysterious samurai arrives at the doorstep of his feudal lord, requesting an honorable death by ritual suicide in his courtyard. The lord threatens him with the brutal tale of a desperate young ronin who made a similar request with ulterior motives, only to meet a gristly end. Undaunted, the samurai begins to tell a story of his own, with an ending no one could see coming!
View the trailer.
June 23 at 6:30pm, join us for a FREE screening of the following episodes from Samurai 7. Guests who attend the free screening receive the $2 membership discount to the 7:30pm screening of Harakiri.
Special thanks to Kawaii Kon, Hawaiʻi's premiere anime convention.
Episode 3: The Entertainer
Kambei decides to help out the Kanna trio. Katsushiro and Kikuchiyo come across Gorobei, a street entertainer, who challenges Katsuhiro to play his game of arrows.
Episode 4: The Loner
Kambei recruits Gorobei and they easily dispatch of the assassins sent by the magistrate Ayamaro. Ayamaro sends his two bodyguards and Kambei faces off against the mysterious Kyuzo.
- A Girl at My Door • 도희야
- Jellyfish Eyes
- Love Live! The School Idol Movie
- Attack on Titan: Part One
- Bon Lin
- When Marnie Was There
- The Kingdom of Dreams and Madness
- The Misfits: 30 Years of Fluxus
- Battles Without Honor and Humanity
- Ballet on Screen: L'Histoire…
- June Bride: Redemption of a Yakuza
- JACO: A Documentary Film
- Godzilla: The Japanese Original
- Family Film Sunday: Fantasti…
- Attack on Titan: Part Two: E…
- HI Sk8 Films 2015 shorts showcase
- Opera on Screen: The Three T…
- I Am Thalente