Sunday Jun 23 07:30 PM
Wednesday Jul 03 01:00 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $8.00
General Admission: $10.00
About the Film:
Directed by Masaki Kobayashi. Japan, 1962, 133 mins.
Following the collapse of his clan, a mysterious samurai arrives at the doorstep of his feudal lord, requesting an honorable death by ritual suicide in his courtyard. The lord threatens him with the brutal tale of a desperate young ronin who made a similar request with ulterior motives, only to meet a gristly end. Undaunted, the samurai begins to tell a story of his own, with an ending no one could see coming!
View the trailer.
June 23 at 6:30pm, join us for a FREE screening of the following episodes from Samurai 7. Guests who attend the free screening receive the $2 membership discount to the 7:30pm screening of Harakiri.
Special thanks to Kawaii Kon, Hawaiʻi's premiere anime convention.
Episode 3: The Entertainer
Kambei decides to help out the Kanna trio. Katsushiro and Kikuchiyo come across Gorobei, a street entertainer, who challenges Katsuhiro to play his game of arrows.
Episode 4: The Loner
Kambei recruits Gorobei and they easily dispatch of the assassins sent by the magistrate Ayamaro. Ayamaro sends his two bodyguards and Kambei faces off against the mysterious Kyuzo.
- Afternoon of a Faun: Tanaqui…
- Lenny Cooke
- Opera on Screen: La Bohème f…
- Short Peace
- Le Chef
- Ballet on Screen: La Sylphid…
- Mood Indigo | L'écume des jo…
- Bicycling with Molière | Alc…
- On My Way | Elle s’en va
- The French Minister | Quai d’Orsay
- Chinese Puzzle | Casse-tête chinois
- Queen Margot | La reine Margo
- Picasso’s Gang | La Banda Picasso
- Opera on Screen: Jules Masse…
- Family Film Sunday: See The …
- Uranium Drive In
- Unacceptable Levels