Sunday Jun 23 07:30 PM
Wednesday Jul 03 01:00 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $8.00
General Admission: $10.00
About the Film:
Directed by Masaki Kobayashi. Japan, 1962, 133 mins.
Following the collapse of his clan, a mysterious samurai arrives at the doorstep of his feudal lord, requesting an honorable death by ritual suicide in his courtyard. The lord threatens him with the brutal tale of a desperate young ronin who made a similar request with ulterior motives, only to meet a gristly end. Undaunted, the samurai begins to tell a story of his own, with an ending no one could see coming!
View the trailer.
June 23 at 6:30pm, join us for a FREE screening of the following episodes from Samurai 7. Guests who attend the free screening receive the $2 membership discount to the 7:30pm screening of Harakiri.
Special thanks to Kawaii Kon, Hawaiʻi's premiere anime convention.
Episode 3: The Entertainer
Kambei decides to help out the Kanna trio. Katsushiro and Kikuchiyo come across Gorobei, a street entertainer, who challenges Katsuhiro to play his game of arrows.
Episode 4: The Loner
Kambei recruits Gorobei and they easily dispatch of the assassins sent by the magistrate Ayamaro. Ayamaro sends his two bodyguards and Kambei faces off against the mysterious Kyuzo.
- Namets! • Yummy!
- Third is My First • 1st Ko si 3rd
- K'na The Dreamweaver
- That Thing Called Tadhana
- PIC Exchange: Road to the Globe
- PIC Exchange: Nā Loea: The M…
- Tokyo Fiancée • Ni d'Eve, ni d'Adam
- Ballet on Screen: Moulin Rou…
- In the Courtyard • Dans la cour
- Girlhood • Bande de filles
- Love at First Fight • Les Co…
- Number One Fan • Elle L'adore
- 3 Hearts • 3 coeurs
- The Young Girls of Rochefort…
- The Chef's Wife • On a faill…
- The Connection • La French
- Family Film Sunday: Song Of …
- Wild & Scenic Film Festival 2015
- Opera on Screen • Le Comte O…
- Stage on Screen • Showboat •…
- Ballet on Screen • Sleeping …