Sword of Doom
Wednesday Jun 26 01:00 PM
Wednesday Jul 03 07:30 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $8.00
General Admission: $10.00
About the Film:
Directed by Kihachi Okamoto. 1966. Japan. 119 mins.
Tatsuya Nakadai and Toshiro Mifune star in this epic samurai adventure in which a bloodthirsty young swordsman (Nakadai)—plying his trade during the turbulent final days of Shogunate rule—kills a man in competition and is pursued by the slain warrior's brother. Mixing absurdist violence with villainous heroics and visually stunning fight scenes, Sword of Doom is an action-packed statement on the mystery of human violence.
View the trailer.
July 3 at 6:30pm, join us for a FREE screening of the following episodes from Samurai 7. Guests who attend the free screening receive the $2 membership discount to the 7:30pm screening of Sword of Doom.
Special thanks to Kawaii Kon, Hawaiʻi's premiere anime convention.
Episode 11: The Village
The samurai arrive at Kanna village and prepare for the upcoming battle with the Nobuseri. However, unknown to them, there is a traitor in their midst.
Episode 12: The Truth
The traitor is discovered and the samurai decide what to do with him. Also, Katsushiro must overcome the feelings of taking a life for the first time and Kikuchiyo reveals a startling secret.
- In the Courtyard • Dans la cour
- Love at First Fight • Les Co…
- 3 Hearts • 3 coeurs
- The Chef's Wife • On a faill…
- Wild & Scenic Film Festival 2015
- Opera on Screen • Le Comte O…
- Stage on Screen • Showboat •…
- Honolulu Rainbow Film Festival 2015
- Racing Extinction
- Speechless: A Polar Realm • …
- Shark Girl • México Pelágico
- Into the Gyre • The Plastic Age
- Our Deepest Waters • My Sal…
- Ballet on Screen • Sleeping …
- Opera on Screen • Benvenuto …