Sword of Doom
Wednesday Jun 26 01:00 PM
Wednesday Jul 03 07:30 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $8.00
General Admission: $10.00
About the Film:
Directed by Kihachi Okamoto. 1966. Japan. 119 mins.
Tatsuya Nakadai and Toshiro Mifune star in this epic samurai adventure in which a bloodthirsty young swordsman (Nakadai)—plying his trade during the turbulent final days of Shogunate rule—kills a man in competition and is pursued by the slain warrior's brother. Mixing absurdist violence with villainous heroics and visually stunning fight scenes, Sword of Doom is an action-packed statement on the mystery of human violence.
View the trailer.
July 3 at 6:30pm, join us for a FREE screening of the following episodes from Samurai 7. Guests who attend the free screening receive the $2 membership discount to the 7:30pm screening of Sword of Doom.
Special thanks to Kawaii Kon, Hawaiʻi's premiere anime convention.
Episode 11: The Village
The samurai arrive at Kanna village and prepare for the upcoming battle with the Nobuseri. However, unknown to them, there is a traitor in their midst.
Episode 12: The Truth
The traitor is discovered and the samurai decide what to do with him. Also, Katsushiro must overcome the feelings of taking a life for the first time and Kikuchiyo reveals a startling secret.
- Family Film Sunday: Talk to …
- Afternoon of a Faun: Tanaqui…
- Lenny Cooke
- Opera on Screen: La Bohème f…
- Short Peace
- Le Chef
- Ballet on Screen: La Sylphid…
- Mood Indigo | L'écume des jo…
- Bicycling with Molière | Alc…
- On My Way | Elle s’en va
- The French Minister | Quai d’Orsay
- Chinese Puzzle | Casse-tête chinois
- Queen Margot | La reine Margo
- Picasso’s Gang | La Banda Picasso
- Opera on Screen: Jules Masse…
- Family Film Sunday: See The …