Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance
Wednesday Oct 23 01:00 PM
Thursday Oct 24 07:30 PM
Wednesday Oct 30 01:00 PM
Thursday Oct 31 07:30 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $8.00
General Admission: $10.00
About the Film:
Directed by Park Chan-Wook. 2002. Korea. 129 mins. Korean with English subtitles.
A deaf mute named Ryu (Shin Ha-kyun) longs to help his sister (Lim Ji-Eun) get a kidney transplant. Because his blood type is incompatible and no donors are available, he turns to a group of black-market organ dealers who offer to find one in return for one of his and ten million won. When the dealers rip him off, Ryu conspires with his girlfriend, a political activist, to kidnap his former boss’s daughter for ransom. But a horrible complication ruins their plans and things spiral out of control as the girl’s father (Song Kang-ho) takes matters into his own hands with the help of a sympathetic cop.
View the trailer.
- Gett: The Trial of Viviane Amsalem
- A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night
- Ballet on Screen: Don Quixot…
- Stage on Screen: Great Expec…
- Happy Birthday, Tūtū Ruth an…
- Opera on Screen: Arabella • …
- Namets! • Yummy!
- Family Film Sunday: Azur & Asmar
- Third is My First • 1st Ko si 3rd
- K'na The Dreamweaver
- That Thing Called Tadhana