The Castaway Cowboy
Sunday Oct 20 02:00 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
About the Film:
Directed by Vincent McEveety. USA, 1974. 91 mins.
James Garner stars as Lincoln Costain, a Texas cowboy visiting 1850s San Francisco when he finds himself in the wrong place at the wrong time and winds up being shanghaied, destination unknown. Costain uses his considerable wits to escape and ends up washed ashore in Hawai‘i. Rescued by Henrietta MacAvoy (Vera Miles), a widowed potato farmer, Costain quickly surveys the situation and convinces the widow MacAvoy to try some of his tried-and-trusted Texas techniques in an attempt to salvage her ranch. He then has to persuade the skeptical local workers as well.
The Castaway Cowboy is typical Disney family fare, with a competent cast and engaging storyline. Robert Culp co-stars as an unscrupulous banker with designs on the MacAvoy property, as well as on Henrietta. Filmed in Hawai‘i, the scenery is eye-catching and overall, The Castaway Cowboy is an enjoyable film. Cast includes Nephi Hannemann.
View the trailer.
Visit hiff.org for more information.
- Opera on Screen • Benvenuto …
- Don’t Think I’ve Forgotten: …
- Toots and the Maytals: Regga…
- Jackpot • Trúng Số
- Children of the Village • Nh…
- Lost Eyes • Hiệp Sĩ Mù
- The Prince and Pagoda Boy • …
- Scandal I • Bí Mật Thảm Đỏ
- Scandal 2 • Hao Quang Tro Lai
- Beyond the Surface
- The Search for Freedom
- iON the Barrel Vol. 2
- Strange Rumblings in Shangri…
- Into the Sea
- Breaking the Wave • Rompiend…
- Expencive Porno Movie, Fortu…
- Pacific Vibrations
- 70 E Tal • 70 Something
- What the Sea Gives Me + shorts
- Behind the Tide
- Oney Anwar: Chasing the Dream
- Attractive Distractions
- Wake Unto Blue
- Ocean Driven
- Pa‘a Ke Aupuni: The Reel His…
- Locked In!