50 First Dates
Sunday Oct 20 06:30 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
About the Film:
Directed by Peter Segal. 2004. USA. 99 mins.
So how does 21st-century Hollywood see Hawai‘i? Henry (Adam Sandler) lives an enviable life in a Hawaiian paradise, spending every night with a beautiful tourist in search of an island fling. It’s a sweet life with no strings attached—until he meets Lucy (Drew Barrymore). He and Lucy hit it off from the get-go, but the next day she acts like she doesn't know him. Has his karma come around to kick him in the butt or what? Actually, Lucy has short-term memory loss so every night all memory of her day is erased. But a man in love will go to any lengths to win over the girl of his dreams, and if that means having to find imaginative ways of doing it over again every day, then Henry’s up for the challenge. Rob Schneider (Big Daddy) portrays a “local braddah” and Sandler frequents a “local diner” where he occasionally gets sage advice from the locals working behind the counter. Cast includes an actual Hawaiian—Pomaika‘i Brown.
View the trailer.
Visit hiff.org for more information.
- Sana Dati | If Only
- Family Film Sunday: Talk to …
- Afternoon of a Faun: Tanaqui…
- Lenny Cooke
- Opera on Screen: La Bohème f…
- Short Peace
- Le Chef
- Ballet on Screen: La Sylphid…
- Mood Indigo | L'écume des jo…
- Bicycling with Molière | Alc…
- On My Way | Elle s’en va
- The French Minister | Quai d’Orsay
- Chinese Puzzle | Casse-tête chinois
- Queen Margot | La reine Margo
- Picasso’s Gang | La Banda Picasso
- Opera on Screen: Jules Masse…
- Family Film Sunday: See The …