Wednesday Dec 04 07:30 PM
Thursday Dec 05 01:00 PM
Thursday Dec 05 07:30 PM
Friday Dec 06 01:00 PM
Friday Dec 06 07:30 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $8.00
General Admission: $10.00
About the Film:
Directed by Jeremy Seifert. 2013. USA. 90 mins.
GMO OMG director and concerned father Jeremy Seifert is in search of answers. Who controls the future of your food? How do GMOs affect our children, the health of our planet, and our freedom of choice? And perhaps the ultimate question, which Seifert tests himself: is it even possible to reject the food system currently in place, or have we lost something we can’t gain back? These and other questions take Seifert on a journey from his family’s table to Haiti, Paris, Norway, and the lobby of agri-giant Monsanto, from which he is unceremoniously ejected. The resulting documentary explores the systematic corporate takeover and potential loss of humanity’s most precious and ancient inheritance: seeds. Along the way we gain insight into a question that is of growing concern to citizens the world over: what’s on your plate?
Official Selection: Berlin International Film Festival. Winner: Audience Choice Award, Yale Environmental Film Festival.
View the trailer.
- Wild & Scenic Film Festival 2015
- Opera on Screen • Le Comte O…
- Stage on Screen • Showboat •…
- Honolulu Rainbow Film Festival 2015
- Racing Extinction
- Speechless: A Polar Realm • …
- Shark Girl • México Pelágico
- Into the Gyre • The Plastic Age
- Our Deepest Waters • My Sal…
- Ballet on Screen • Sleeping …
- Opera on Screen • Benvenuto …