Sunday Dec 08 07:30 PM
Tuesday Dec 10 01:00 PM
Thursday Dec 12 07:30 PM
Friday Dec 13 01:00 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $8.00
General Admission: $10.00
About the Film:
Directed by Steve Hoover. USA. 2012. 93 mins. English and Tamil with English subtitles.
Rocky Braat’s first trip to India was a journey of self-discovery. While there, he visited a care center for women and children living with HIV and AIDS. It proved to be a life-transforming encounter. When Braat returns to Pittsburgh and announces he’ll be moving to India to work at the center, his best friend Steve Hoover decides to follow him on his journey. Expecting to find him making all the wrong decisions, Hoover discovers a very different story, and both men find their lives and those of the children are changed forever. Winner of the Grand Jury Prize and the Audience Award for US Documentary at Sundance, Blood Brother is a story of true conviction and dedication that reaches beyond borders.
Winner: Grand Jury Prize, Documentary, Sundance Film Festival; Audience Award, Hot Docs; Audience Award, Thessaloniki Documentary Festival; Best Feature, Big Sky Documentary Festival; Audience Award, Thin Line Documentary Festival.
View the trailer.
- Afternoon of a Faun: Tanaqui…
- Lenny Cooke
- Opera on Screen: La Bohème f…
- Short Peace
- Le Chef
- Ballet on Screen: La Sylphid…
- Mood Indigo | L'écume des jo…
- Bicycling with Molière | Alc…
- On My Way | Elle s’en va
- The French Minister | Quai d’Orsay
- Chinese Puzzle | Casse-tête chinois
- Queen Margot | La reine Margo
- Picasso’s Gang | La Banda Picasso
- Opera on Screen: Jules Masse…
- Family Film Sunday: See The …
- Uranium Drive In
- Unacceptable Levels