Sunday Dec 08 07:30 PM
Tuesday Dec 10 01:00 PM
Thursday Dec 12 07:30 PM
Friday Dec 13 01:00 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $8.00
General Admission: $10.00
About the Film:
Directed by Steve Hoover. USA. 2012. 93 mins. English and Tamil with English subtitles.
Rocky Braat’s first trip to India was a journey of self-discovery. While there, he visited a care center for women and children living with HIV and AIDS. It proved to be a life-transforming encounter. When Braat returns to Pittsburgh and announces he’ll be moving to India to work at the center, his best friend Steve Hoover decides to follow him on his journey. Expecting to find him making all the wrong decisions, Hoover discovers a very different story, and both men find their lives and those of the children are changed forever. Winner of the Grand Jury Prize and the Audience Award for US Documentary at Sundance, Blood Brother is a story of true conviction and dedication that reaches beyond borders.
Winner: Grand Jury Prize, Documentary, Sundance Film Festival; Audience Award, Hot Docs; Audience Award, Thessaloniki Documentary Festival; Best Feature, Big Sky Documentary Festival; Audience Award, Thin Line Documentary Festival.
View the trailer.
- Jellyfish Eyes
- Love Live! The School Idol Movie
- Attack on Titan: Part One
- Bon Lin
- When Marnie Was There
- The Kingdom of Dreams and Madness
- Battles Without Honor and Humanity
- Ballet on Screen: L'Histoire…
- June Bride: Redemption of a Yakuza
- JACO: A Documentary Film
- Godzilla: The Japanese Original
- Family Film Sunday: Fantasti…
- Attack on Titan: Part Two: E…
- HI Sk8 Films 2015 shorts showcase
- Opera on Screen: The Three T…
- I Am Thalente