Red, White, Black and Blue + The Memphis 13
Sunday Feb 02 07:30 PM
Saturday Feb 08 04:00 PM
Sunday Feb 09 01:00 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $8.00
General Admission: $10.00
About the Film:
Red, White, Black and Blue
Directed by James Brown. New Zealand, 2012, 81 mins.
What happens when South Los Angeles rugby hits the South Pacific? Follow 38 American high school students as they journey to New Zealand—the land where rugby heroes are made—to take part in a rugby-training regime like no other. An increasingly popular sport in the US, New Zealand rugby provides these students, and the Kiwi teams they battle, with a rare opportunity to cross national and cultural boundaries, as troubled histories melt away on the field. While the New Zealand All Blacks currently hold the World Cup, the last time the sport was included in the Olympics—1924—the US took the gold medal. Red, White, Black and Blue is a sensitive take on a rough game and its power to unite.
View the trailer.
The Memphis 13 (short)
Directed by Daniel Kiel. USA. 2012. 35 mins.
Thirteen African-American first graders take courageous steps to enter four all-white elementary schools during 1960s segregation.
View the trailer.
- Surf Cinema Nugs 2019
- Board Shorts
- Heavy Water
- Rising Tide with Zak Noyle
- Family Film Sunday: Johnny T…
- PAIGE + TROUBLE: The Lisa An…
- Coldwater Journal
- Time Well Spent
- Everything in Between + From…
- Transcending Waves | La Ola …
- The Endless Summer II–25th A…
- In Dancing Days of Dawn
- Beyond the Noise + EOS
- Gun Ho!
- Opening Night: The Shiny Shr…
- Just Friends (Gewoon Vrienden)
- APQFFA Spotlight Film: House…
- Women’s/Queer Shorts Showcase
- Fireflies (Luciernagas)
- Gay Chorus Deep South
- Wild (Sauvage)
- The Garden Left Behind
- Women’s Centerpiece Film: Vi…
- Men’s Centerpiece Film: Gian…
- Before You Know It
- Tell It to the Bees
- Deep in Vogue
- Closing Night: Papi Chulo
- APQFFA Shorts Showcase 2019
- Men’s Shorts Showcase
- An Almost Ordinary Summer (C…
- World Premiere/Festival Fina…