Charles Lloyd: Arrows Into Infinity
Saturday Feb 08 07:30 PM
Tuesday Feb 11 01:00 PM
Thursday Feb 13 07:30 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $8.00
General Admission: $10.00
About the Film:
Directed by Dorothy Darr and Jeffrey Morse, USA, 2013. 114 mins.
Jazz legend Charles Lloyd has been in the vanguard of jazz for more than 50 years, thanks to his singular sound that crosses traditional boundaries and explores new territories. This intimate portrait, co-directed by his painter/filmmaker wife, covers the saxophonist’s Memphis roots; his counterculture crossovers in the 1960s; his seclusion in the 1970s; his collaborations with Keith Jarrett, the Beach Boys, Burgess Meredith, Charles Bukowski, Michel Petrucciani, and many more; and the comeback that began in the late 1980s and is still going strong. Lloyd and those who worked with him over the last five decades help us better understand this enigmatic man and his spiritual pursuits through music.
Official Selection: Chicago Black Harvest Film Festival; Pan African Film Festival; Santa Barbara International Film Festival.
View the trailer.
- I Am Cuba
- Police Story
- Police Story 2
- Family Film Sunday: The CAFF…
- Ash is Purest White (江湖儿女)
- Pele's Path: The Journey Home
- LEONARDO cinquecento
- PIC Exchange: Leitis in Waiting
- Merata: How Mum Decolonised …
- Anote Tong in Conversation +…
- Wild & Scenic Film Festival 2019
- CAFF 2019 Opening Night: Ani…
- CAFF 2019: Animated Lives
- CAFF 2019: Animated Perspectives
- CAFF 2019 Family Film Sunday…