Class Name :
Techniques of Ink Brush Painting • DPTT173W36
Class Date :
October 01 - October 08
Meeting Times :
Sun 10am–4pm (2 sessions)
Class Location :
About this Class:
Learn how to create or copy ink brush paintings using the Asian round brush and rice paper. Choose your favorite subject—landscape, flowers, animals, people—to design and compose your own painting. Instruction includes lecture, demonstration and student practice with one-on-one help. This workshop is open to beginners as well as advanced students.
● Chinese brushes: 1 or 2 stiff hair, 1 or 2 soft hair
● Liquid Chinese ink (or ink stick with ink stone)
● Chinese colors (watercolors are OK)
● Rice paper or other absorbent paper
● Containers/dishes: 2 or 3 for holding water and mixing
● Paperweights: 2 for holding down the paper
● Underlayment: felt or thick cloth to place under paper (old white t-shirts work well too).
Some supplies available for purchase from instructor.
Artwork by Tom Tong
Need a parking pass? Buy one here!